Drawing tablets

p.b

Forum GOD!
Like many here I've had to adapt to working from home. I'm a very visual person and in the office had two large white boards covered in mind-maps to work out who, how, what and when to do my job.

Now working from home I've started using onenote and bought a small to medium (about 6x4" surface) drawing tablet because it wasn't too expensive and I thought it would be small enough to accommodate on my desk / dining table and I use this for sketching designs / ideas and my mind-maps. What I didn't realise until I use it was the drawing surface represents the whole screen (makes sense when you use it) and so my writing has to be small and consequently is atrocious and barely legible which kind of defeats the whole purpose of it. Normally my writing isn't that bad but I do appreciate that it's unlikely to be as good as with a fountain pen on nice paper.

For those thast have used drawing tablets, am I correct in thinking that a bigger tablet, (10x6") would improve the writing because I wouldn't have to write so small and is 10x6 big enough? I don't want to buy one and then discover I need an even bigger one!

thanks in advance - Paul.

slapo

It's... alive!
I've only used a tablet briefly, but I think some also have a mode where you don't use the whole screen but just a portion of it. It's been a while, though, so I don't remember more than that now. :-/

Reactions: p.b

slapo

It's... alive!
Oh, also, I quite liked yED for quick diagrams - it turned out to be faster with a mouse than with a tablet, though. Others like draw.io.

Reactions: p.b

p.b

Forum GOD!
being a work PC I can't download any software - even the USB ports are disabled for data.

slapo

It's... alive!
being a work PC I can't download any software - even the USB ports are disabled for data.
I think both have online versions that allow you to download the diagrams and then you can upload them back again when you'd want to work on them again. Not ideal, but workable.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Amazon had a special offer on the larger tablet I was eyeing up. (£47 ilo 60) so I jumped at it.

Very pleased. The drawing surface is about half way between an A5 and an A4 and works really well - I can actually read what I wrote.

dadant

Forum GOD!
Amazon had a special offer on the larger tablet I was eyeing up. (£47 ilo 60) so I jumped at it.

Very pleased. The drawing surface is about half way between an A5 and an A4 and works really well - I can actually read what I wrote.
sounds ideal, what is it?