Declaration Grooming Milksteak

pimple8

Forum GOD!
I have a sample of milksteak on the way, but if i find it alright, which one to buy in full tub size?!
The Massacre is not in stock. All the other don't seem appealing to me.
Any suggestions? I mostly like barbershop, masculine, cologne type scents. Not a fougere or green guy.

D

Deleted member 1881

I have a sample of milksteak on the way, but if i find it alright, which one to buy in full tub size?!
Any suggestions? I mostly like barbershop, masculine, cologne type scents. Not a fougere or green guy.
Get the copy of Terre D'Hermes, Trismegistus. Not exactly a Barbershop scent but bold enough and masculine.

Beware: The scent is almost non existed after the shave.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I’m not an earthy sort of guy either but I bought After the Rain as I hear it’s actually very citrus forward.

CobraX

Forum GOD!
I’m not an earthy sort of guy either but I bought After the Rain as I hear it’s actually very citrus forward.
I don't trust Cris from Another Cut Above when he gives scent descriptions. I've heard him describe scents and when I smell those soaps then, they smells totally different to my nose.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I don't trust Cris from Another Cut Above when he gives scent descriptions. I've heard him describe scents and when I smell those soaps then, they smells totally different to my nose.
That’s natural though. What one person smells in a scent is not what another person might do. I got some Tabac today and I think it smells lovely but some people think it smells horrible. All that being said I’ve read a few reviews saying ATR is more on the citrus end of things.

CobraX

Forum GOD!
That’s natural though. What one person smells in a scent is not what another person might do. I got some Tabac today and I think it smells lovely but some people think it smells horrible. All that being said I’ve read a few reviews saying ATR is more on the citrus end of things.
Yep, I know it's natural, but I also know if Cris from Another Cut Above says it, I don't have to expect that it'll smell the same for me.

CobraX

Forum GOD!
What also kind of holds me back with After The Rain is the notes of white pepper in it. White pepper on a freshly "damaged" skin caused by shaving sounds like it could irritate my skin.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
What also kind of holds me back with After The Rain is the notes of white pepper in it. White pepper on a freshly "damaged" skin caused by shaving sounds like it could irritate my skin.
Yeah, hopefully not. I have reacted to two DG soaps in the Icarus base though so I’ve a suspicion if that’s a strong note it’ll get me.

D

Deleted member 1881

But you only trust king Randy on performance right?

CobraX

Forum GOD!
But you only trust king Randy on performance right?
The only one I really trust is myself. It can easily take me 10-15 minutes to get the lather to the point where I want it to be. I know many people aren't that patient and that's fine. I also use what I call "semi-distilled" water (tap water cooked to make it softer and then stored in a water container). Those are all things that can affect the performance of a soap. So unless someone lathers exactly the way I do, it's unlikely both of us will be getting the exact same performance out of a soap.

D

Deleted member 1881

The only one I really trust is myself. It can easily take me 10-15 minutes to get the lather to the point where I want it to be. I know many people aren't that patient and that's fine. I also use what I call "semi-distilled" water (tap water cooked to make it softer and then stored in a water container). Those are all things that can affect the performance of a soap. So unless someone lathers exactly the way I do, it's unlikely both of us will be getting the exact same performance out of a soap.
Wow that is scientific!

pimple8

Forum GOD!
Get the copy of Terre D'Hermes, Trismegistus. Not exactly a Barbershop scent but bold enough and masculine.

Beware: The scent is almost non existed after the shave.
Thanks Randy, but I have Stirling Arkadia, it's the same scent.
I always wanted to buy Bandwagon, now I read it only had one run in Milksteak base :(