de razor injector hack - anyone else tried it?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
hey so i tried the de razor injector hack by the youtuber subie shaves a few months back but i think i didnt cur the de razor blade to size so didnt cut well

the other day i just remember the de razor in injector hack so thought id give it another go as i've got loads of de blades,
so yea cut it properly this time and worked very well

i only got two injector razors so not exactly got a lot of experience with injector razors,
i actually really enjoying using the pal injector razor which i prefer more then the schick L type injector razor,
not saying the schick is a bad razor its just the pal is more efficient YMMV

anyways ive posted about this before but im just wondering if anyone else has tried this 'hack'?
 

slapo

It's... alive!
I reckon most people want to use injectors because of injector blades being native to the "platform", so chances are slim.

I don't know what he did, although I suspect he either used an old injector blade or something else as a "shim", or stacked DE blades as he had before elsewhere.
IMO, the opposite is likely to work better (injector blades in some DE razors) - there's a thread here on ATG where I posted some of the results of my experimentation.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
I reckon most people want to use injectors because of injector blades being native to the "platform", so chances are slim.

I don't know what he did, although I suspect he either used an old injector blade or something else as a "shim", or stacked DE blades as he had before elsewhere.
IMO, the opposite is likely to work better (injector blades in some DE razors) - there's a thread here on ATG where I posted some of the results of my experimentation.
tbf i rate that youtuber subie shaves as he does do some cool experiments

yea i agree with you that the opposite could maybe be a bit better,
pretty sure he used a injector blade in bother the twig and yaqi katana se razors
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I guess you are talking about this video?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEZU1DgXSRs&t=711s


I have two remarks:
a) This must be the most annoying YouTuber ever. Do not watch the entire video. The above link gets you the bit to watch.
b) Why on earth would you do this? Get some proper injector blades and use them, instead of flimsy DE blades made worse by cutting them in half.

If you can't get blades anymore for a vintage razor - by all means, experiment.
Does anyone have a plan what DIY to perform to use a Souplex Nymph? Or a Collins Rotary?
Replacing perfectly good, available injector blades with flimsy cut-to-shape DE blades? You must be joking.
 
Last edited:

Boycie83

Space Cadet
I guess you are talking about this video?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEZU1DgXSRs&t=711s


I have to remarks:
a) This must be the most annoying YouTuber ever. Do not watch the entire video. The above link gets you the bit to watch.
b) Why on earth would you do this? Get some proper injector blades and use them, instead of flimsy DE blades made worse by cutting them in half.

If you can't get blades anymore for a vintage razor - by all means, experiment.
Does anyone have a plan what DIY to perform to use a Souplex Nymph? Or a Collins Rotary?
Replacing perfectly good, available injector blades with flimsy cut-to-shape DE blades? You must be joking.
+1 to this.

Why? Injector blades are better performers than DE blades.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
I guess you are talking about this video?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEZU1DgXSRs&t=711s


I have to remarks:
a) This must be the most annoying YouTuber ever. Do not watch the entire video. The above link gets you the bit to watch.
b) Why on earth would you do this? Get some proper injector blades and use them, instead of flimsy DE blades made worse by cutting them in half.

If you can't get blades anymore for a vintage razor - by all means, experiment.
Does anyone have a plan what DIY to perform to use a Souplex Nymph? Or a Collins Rotary?
Replacing perfectly good, available injector blades with flimsy cut-to-shape DE blades? You must be joking.
yea thats the vid i saw and just fancied trying it out as i got loads of de blades and it works a treat,
obviously injector blades are more sturdy then de blades

yea i get what you mean about rqazors like the nymph or wardonia where its hard to get blades
or the blades arent all that so can understand the need to 'mod'

btw you seen he also used injector blades in se razors like the twig and the yaqi katana too
 

chazt

shave
hey so i tried the de razor injector hack by the youtuber subie shaves a few months back but i think i didnt cur the de razor blade to size so didnt cut well

the other day i just remember the de razor in injector hack so thought id give it another go as i've got loads of de blades,
so yea cut it properly this time and worked very well

i only got two injector razors so not exactly got a lot of experience with injector razors,
i actually really enjoying using the pal injector razor which i prefer more then the schick L type injector razor,
not saying the schick is a bad razor its just the pal is more efficient YMMV

anyways ive posted about this before but im just wondering if anyone else has tried this 'hack'?
I don‘t watch shaving videos, so no opinion there. But it seems to me the only “hacking” (the word used that way makes me want to gag) involved will be on your face. Do yourself a favor and buy some proper injector blades.
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
His idea of using severely hacked DE blades in a Christy razor instead of injector blades, which work but are a bad fit, is interesting enough.
I'll wait until my Chrisy is back from replating.

P.S.: The guy reminds me of Ruby Rhod from 'The Fifth Element'.
He seriously needs to take some chill pills.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
Hey so anyone know what's considered as the most aggressive injector razor?

I'm after one, I've only got the Schick L type and a pal injector razor

Schick is too mild for my liking and the pal is more efficient but I'd like something to give that bit more efficiency and more aggression so less pass which will mean less irritation

I know some people might think it's a daft idea but I'm honestly sold...

Each to their own! 👍💯🔥
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I can’t resist, so…
The most aggressive injector I’ve seen was a Schick Type E or G with the safety bar removed…

I had a Type E once that I found too aggressive for my taste and that was with the safety bar.
The Types A to C can be unforgiving as well.
I can’t speak for types D or G, but everything from type H onwards is mildish.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
I can’t resist, so…
The most aggressive injector I’ve seen was a Schick Type E or G with the safety bar removed…

I had a Type E once that I found too aggressive for my taste and that was with the safety bar.
The Types A to C can be unforgiving as well.
I can’t speak for types D or G, but everything from type H onwards is mildish.
Just got outbid on the Schick e type today lol, well think it's the e type, it's that butterscotch colour bakelite handle I think

This the one didn't go for much just I was out when I bidded so was missed out

Screenshot_2022-02-24-21-02-56-42_b3edf827eb6a344c60626d34eebf2dda.jpg
 
Top