Customs Charges

Ouch, that's a stinger, but soon forgotten when it arrives
It’s end up being a £240 brush col. Don’t get me wrong, janik is a fantastic brush maker, but I’ve got an OKU in the works, I’ve had 2 brushes from gile which should be here by the end of the week. So when I’m up to that much money…. I get it’s a great item….. but then I have that tremendous guilt thinking…. What does it do any different than the rest LOL. I’m a sucker for nice things, but nice things very rarely end up paying for them selves 🫣

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
It’s end up being a £240 brush col. Don’t get me wrong, janik is a fantastic brush maker, but I’ve got an OKU in the works, I’ve had 2 brushes from gile which should be here by the end of the week. So when I’m up to that much money…. I get it’s a great item….. but then I have that tremendous guilt thinking…. What does it do any different than the rest LOL. I’m a sucker for nice things, but nice things very rarely end up paying for them selves 🫣
It is incredibly expensive of course. What you are paying for is a hand tied synthetic knot and and an extreme attention to detail. I have no doubt it takes him a while to make a brush, so why shouldn‘t he get paid for it?

Anyway, I have come to realise that it‘s pointless looking for a synthetic that feels like a badger. There are badgers for that. Jannik‘s brushes go a whole different route and they do it wonderfully. My Wald is my absolute favourite synthetic

It is incredibly expensive of course. What you are paying for is a hand tied synthetic knot and and an extreme attention to detail. I have no doubt it takes him a while to make a brush, so why shouldn‘t he get paid for it?

Anyway, I have come to realise that it‘s pointless looking for a synthetic that feels like a badger. There are badgers for that. Jannik‘s brushes go a whole different route and they do it wonderfully. My Wald is my absolute favourite synthetic
Oh yeah my frustration isn’t with janik or his ability to make or finish handles or knots. This is my 3rd wald.

but being penalised for being in the uk and wanting his brushes. In no means do I want a political view or any means of wanting to get into any of that. Just sucks that I paid 53 quid to have a brush from Germany 🤢🤮

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
Oh yeah my frustration isn’t with janik or his ability to make or finish handles or knots. This is my 3rd wald.

but being penalised for being in the uk and wanting his brushes. In no means do I want a political view or any means of wanting to get into any of that. Just sucks that I paid 53 quid to have a brush from Germany 🤢🤮
If it‘s any consolation, I‘m in the EU and paid an additional 20% VAT at checkout. There‘s no escaping it or hoping it will pass customs, the additional 20% is a certainty.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
It’s my understanding that both the UK and EU changed their rules so that import vat is payable - the rationale being that it reduces unfair competition when priced against makers in the home country. There’s a similar situation regarding what used to be tax free arrangements for foreign visitors buying goods whilst in this country. The ability to reclaim VAT when leaving is no longer available.

gile

Forum GOD!
That cost you more than three brushes from me, but is it three times better 🤔