Could I get some thoughts on Injectors?

Grarea

Forum Plod
I seem to have accumulated a few razors.
Who'd have thunk that would happen?

My stubble seems to have softened as far as it is going to (I reckon).
So I am kind of starting afresh on my little razor journey.
It is quite fun.
I don't really intend on collecting razors, as tempted as I am.
So I plan on cutting down the numbers to the ones I will use.
But I don't see any point getting rid of things I will end up getting again if they have a place or a reason.

I am liking my Kamisori, I am also liking the univinlions (Chinese clone) so I will move my DX on.
I see no reason to keep that as well.

I thought I would start next on Injectors.
Seems like a relatively easy one.
I do like injectors, I think it has something to do with the stiffness of the blade.
I seem to always prefer them to DE (so far).
I am wondering which to keep (and if there are any others I should acquire :) )

Here is my thinking.
Pal Adjustable as that covers all sorts of levels of efficiency for playing with.
Schick L1 as I absolutely HAVE to have something that can use the twin blades. (Any other suggestions?)
Pal Injectomatic. This was my favourite so far I think (of the non twin variety).

I have another 4 schicks of the older letter variety which I will compare to the Injectomatic and keep one of the 5 (probably)

Any others I should try out or is there any reason to keep more than the three Injectors?
I would appreciate any thoughts.

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
I seem to have accumulated a few razors.
Who'd have thunk that would happen?

My stubble seems to have softened as far as it is going to (I reckon).
So I am kind of starting afresh on my little razor journey.
It is quite fun.
I don't really intend on collecting razors, as tempted as I am.
So I plan on cutting down the numbers to the ones I will use.
But I don't see any point getting rid of things I will end up getting again if they have a place or a reason.

I am liking my Kamisori, I am also liking the univinlions (Chinese clone) so I will move my DX on.
I see no reason to keep that as well.

I thought I would start next on Injectors.
Seems like a relatively easy one.
I do like injectors, I think it has something to do with the stiffness of the blade.
I seem to always prefer them to DE (so far).
I am wondering which to keep (and if there are any others I should acquire :) )

Here is my thinking.
Pal Adjustable as that covers all sorts of levels of efficiency for playing with.
Schick L1 as I absolutely HAVE to have something that can use the twin blades. (Any other suggestions?)
Pal Injectomatic. This was my favourite so far I think (of the non twin variety).

I have another 4 schicks of the older letter variety which I will compare to the Injectomatic and keep one of the 5 (probably)

Any others I should try out or is there any reason to keep more than the three Injectors?
I would appreciate any thoughts.
The E2 is a lovely little razor, it will give you the closest of shaves but it comands respect from you at all times, if it senses it's not getting said respect it will bite you! :) P

TobyC

Patriot
The E2 is a lovely little razor, it will give you the closest of shaves but it comands respect from you at all times, if it senses it's not getting said respect it will bite you! :) P
Sounds like my kind of razor, I'll have to get some blades. That's why I haven't tried it, I didn't want to have another kind of blade to keep somewhere.

Grarea

Forum Plod
I tried one of them last night and it was excellent.
Not sure what words to use, but def efficient.
You could feel the blade for sure.
More efficient than the Injectomatic actually.

I think I have three Es and a G.
I need to work out what they actually are again. I had a quick look last night, but couldn't decide for sure.

Grarea

Forum Plod
Yes, thanks for that, I was having a quick look at that last night.
One is a G1 (plastic handle with a seam)
The other three are E.
Pretty sure two of them are E2.
Not sure about the difference between tabs and flaps.
Or what a flat head spring looks like.

Then one of them the spring doesn't push to the left.
(Well, it isn't meant to but the stopper has been snapped off, so it does now.)
Which states that is E2-E5.

I just had a thought.
Do E2s come with a spring that is fixed and also that moves to one side?
I was expecting those to be different models.

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Yes, thanks for that, I was having a quick look at that last night.
One is a G1 (plastic handle with a seam)
The other three are E.
Pretty sure two of them are E2.
Not sure about the difference between tabs and flaps.
Or what a flat head spring looks like.

Then one of them the spring doesn't push to the left.
(Well, it isn't meant to but the stopper has been snapped off, so it does now.)
Which states that is E2-E5.

I just had a thought.
Do E2s come with a spring that is fixed and also that moves to one side?
I was expecting those to be different models.
The E2 has the spring that moves off to the left enabling the head of the razor to open. Good for cleaning but also for hand loading a blade. :) P.

Edit: the Canadian E2 is a fixed spring I think. P

Last edited:

Grarea

Forum Plod
The E2 has the spring that moves off to the left enabling the head of the razor to open. Good for cleaning but also for hand loading a blade. :) P.

Edit: the Canadian E2 is a fixed spring I think. P
Ah, right. Well mentioned.
I shall have a little search for that, because it doesn't fit the e3,e4 or e5 for sure.

TobyC

Patriot
Just looked at mine, it's an E, round spring with flaps, spring is fixed, one patent number and other patents pending, is it a 2 or a 3?

Nisse

Old geezer
Mine has two numbers so it is a G: 1806087 and 1969945. There is a curved scratch to the left of the spring so I am guessing it has at one point been opened. It is not a plus in the life of a G injector as the spring may be damaged. Also got an adjustable Schick - good stuff a must have and finally a Hydromagic - shiny and technically interesting but otherwise not among my favourite razors.

Last edited:

Grarea

Forum Plod
Just looked at mine, it's an E, round spring with flaps, spring is fixed, one patent number and other patents pending, is it a 2 or a 3?
That is the same as mine I think.
Round spring with flaps.
Irregular scratching on the guard.
One patent number, others pending.
Fixed spring (well, except it is broken so isn't fixed any more.)
After Blademonkey's comment about the Canadian thing, I had a little hunt about.
It seems that the Canadian ones were made of various bits and bobs from different models.
So that would make some sense.