cooking whisky

isaiah53

Forum GOD!
just wanting to know what inexpensive blends of whisky people favour... grouse, bells, whyte & mackay, grants or whoever :) what do you prefer and what do you avoid?

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Given that a bottle lasts me for about a year I don’t consider Jamiesons expensive so I’d avoid all the ones mentioned. I much prefer Irish to Scotch anyway because of the different malting process - Irish does not get the tainted peaty taste. Just my opinion of course.

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
+1 (however I like both Scotch and Irish whisky plus Bourbon)

Does a bottle last a week, a month, a year etc. Shorter the duration - buy what's on sale until you find a favorite. Longer the duration - find a liquor store with knowledgable staff. Everyone has different tastes.

isaiah53

Forum GOD!
Given that a bottle lasts me for about a year I don’t consider Jamiesons expensive so I’d avoid all the ones mentioned. I much prefer Irish to Scotch anyway because of the different malting process - Irish does not get the tainted peaty taste. Just my opinion of course.
ive always got a bottle of irish on the go, jamesons or bushmills, i do find them very easy drinking but scotch more satisfying.

Rob99

Forum GOD!
What is called inexpensive?
I prefer malt whisky rather then a blend. But there are several nice blends.

inexpensive blends: Monkey shoulder, Chivas etc.

Zwilling

Kamisori shaver
Teacher’s is nice for a cheap blended. Often I look out for the single malts on sale, some good deals there occasionally. Apparently Aldi do a nice single malt...!

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Single malts for preference but for a blend, Famous Grouse is quite acceptable. Mind you, Johnny Walker Green Label is nicest blend I've ever tried.

steve

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
For cheap whiskey, go to lidl or aldi. But don't waste your money on cheap whiskey!
Scotch: Chivas regal 12 yr is a fantastic smooth whiskey, I always keep a few :) but if you want the cream of scotch. Highland park 12 is the winner.
Irish: Paddy, Jameson's, Power's or Bushmills.

Try this place https://www.masterofmalt.com/samples/whisky-samples/blended-whisky/

You can purchase a multitude of different drams or mix Whiskey, Rum and other spirits into personal selections.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Ok I don’t drink... but I fancy trying some whisky
Pretty sure peaty isn’t going to be for me, any decent samples I can get?
All I can find are ones I probably wouldn’t drink.
TIA guys