Climate Change......

TobyC

Patriot
My original answer to your post, Ban the Arrow, was used to show that unfortunately nothing Human beings have ever invented has ever been uninvented, We have tried to uninvent things for Thousands of years. It wasn't an attack upon you personally. Social media is too tribal these days you are either in one camp or the other. No middle ground is allowed. We think we are so clever don't we, in the reality of things most of us couldn't last a fortnight lost in the woods without starving to death. That includes Chris Whitty and the WHO. All our weapons of death are still in use today, from Palestinians hurling stones from slings at Jewish Soldiers to Young thugs in London stabbing their rivals with knives to Nuclear War heads. All our Inventions are still here.
We will never find the answer to a polution free World. The reason being we Only have the materials that are on this planet. Everything we have comes from the Earth.
Plastic is fantastic as a material but it also is a scourge due to the fact it is so fantastic.
Fossil fuels are fantastic but are finite, They will run out eventually or maybe not, who knows how much Oil, Coal, etc there is? No one.
The same with climate for every Scientist that says one thing there is another that says the opposite, they cannot agree on anything so the loudest voices are the ones we listen to. The loudest voices usually have the largest amount of money behind them. Why?
What have they to gain, who is pulling their strings and for what purpose?
How can a 16 yr old from Sweden be a millionaire for saying the World will end unless we listen to her, Someone is behind her, Who and Why?
These are the questions I want answering. Who is out to make money from Climate change agendas? Because you can bet your bottom Dollar money is behind this. It always is.

George Soros is backing Greta Thunberg
Behind the world famous 16-year-old climate activist, there is a liberal oligarch and a globalist movement.
FREEWEST MEDIA
Greta Thunberg has become world renowned because of her fight against climate change and lower temperatures on Earth. It all started in 2018 when she began a school strike on her own, standing outside the Swedish parliament with different placards trying to shape opinion and get young people to join.
The Swedish mainstream media quickly picked up her one-girl-mission against climate change and wrote several articles about her.
Few citizens of Sweden could back then even dream of what the future would hold – soon enough Thunberg met the Pope (pictured), spoke in front of the United Nations, and has even been nominated for the Nobel Peace Price.
The once lonely 15-year old girl has become world famous, more or less over night, when international mainstream media started reporting about her 15-day-long school strike. Arnold Schwarzenegger even invited her to a climate meeting in Vienna.
So who is this young idealist? Greta Thunberg is now 16-years old and the daughter of famous opera singer and left-liberal activist Marlena Ernman (pictured above), who in the background has helped her daughter get started.
Thunberg soon also got her own coach – a well-known climate activist from Germany by the name Luisa-Marie Neubauer (pictured). What is the likelihood of a young girl who starts a school
strike outside the Swedish parliament, getting schoolchildren from all over the world to join her cause and fight against climate change? And how often do 16-year-olds have their own coaches?
Luisa-Marie Neubauer, who has been captured on a numerous images and videos together with Greta when the two direct climate change protests all over the world, belongs to the organisation called ONE” foundation.
It has several well-known wealthy financiers, including Bono as well as Bill and Melissa Gates. An even more striking name is that of the multi-billionaire oligarch George Soros, notorious for his currency speculation and maybe even more prominent as the father of the global, radical, and left-liberal lobby and activist network “Open Society”, supporting thousands of NGOs.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun

Holyzeus

TSR reject
Fossil fuels are fantastic but are finite, They will run out eventually or maybe not, who knows how much Oil, Coal, etc there is? No one.
Well we do. Oil and its products is my job.
50-100 years, certainly no longer.
It’s just over 50 years but as technology improves expensive fields may become easier and therefore cheaper to tap into. Russia has large reserves, maybe 100 years worth.
There are large fields, the Antarctic for instance but again far too expensive.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Oil is pretty central. While the Middle East is going to sell oil down to the last barrel since their economies have very little alternative, other oil-producing countries like Russia and the US will hopefully invest heavily in renewable energy at the earliest opportunity. This depends on who is in power and how "collaborative" they are with climate change targets. So while the politics of Antifa have very little to do with climate change, getting the right leaders in post does matter. Whatever you say about Greta Thunberg she's making the right noises and raising awareness. Nobody's perfect in this scenario - there's only "the least bad outcome". I think we have to be profoundly grateful for any progress whatever, and whoever is helping with it. Discrediting the climate change movement is a pretty tacky stance to take in the light of the overwhelming scientific evidence for what's happening.

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Fossil fuels are cheap and currently supply 80% of the world’s energy; it is hard to see how we will go to zero in 30 or 50 years as much as that would be welcome. And lets not forget that the Paris Agreement may be a good first-step, but it is just that, a first-step; the reality of the agreement is, it only -
  • Has 5-year reviews with self reporting
  • Has no enforcement mechanism
  • Is non binding
  • US, EU, Japan will not meet their 2030 commitments without further policy changes.
  • Chinese commitment to peak C02 emissions by 2030 is on track.
We are unlikely to even stabilise human influences this century; climate continues to change under natural and growing human influences and to be cognisant of other view points, the consensus is not always as solid as popularly perceived. In the popular discussion “climate change” is used only to define human induced climate change but there is no denying there is also natural change. Beyond rising temperatures, most projected impacts have not yet clearly emerged. I think it is fair to say UN reports are often written more to persuade rather than inform. We need better and continuous observation of the climate system, we currently do not do a good job of that as we can not yet predict with certainty what will happen regionally although all of the indicators to date look stark. I still believe that reducing C02 is a sensible strategy but I am not persuaded that we can mobilise global action to do so; I guess we will have to learn to adapt.

R181

Grumpy old man
There is one bright spot in lowering CO2 levels. It seems more and more vehicle makers are increasing the number of their models that are hybrid or all electric. Infrastructure to support all electric vehicles is expanding at a faster pace also.

Bob

Wayne

Forum Sod
Well we do. Oil and its products is my job.
50-100 years, certainly no longer.
It’s just over 50 years but as technology improves expensive fields may become easier and therefore cheaper to tap into. Russia has large reserves, maybe 100 years worth.
There are large fields, the Antarctic for instance but again far too expensive.
I stand corrected.

Holyzeus

TSR reject
Out of interest. How much oil is probably undiscovered on the planet?
Who knows, it’s undiscovered..😉
There are areas of huge fields though that are just too expensive to tap into. Antarctica for instance I believe they predict would cost $100 per barrel just to get it

Wayne

Forum Sod
Who knows, it’s undiscovered..😉
There are areas of huge fields though that are just too expensive to tap into. Antarctica for instance I believe they predict would cost $100 per barrel just to get it
I knew that was coming when I wrote it 😁