CK Obsession For Men

Dr Watson

James
A little birdy told me CK Obsession for men is very similar to TOBS Sandalwood, anyone care to comment on this statement? I really enjoy the TOBS scent but find the post shave products fade away too soon scent wise.

I've not tried the CK so input from anyone that has would be very welcome indeed :thumbsup:

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Well....that hasn't been my take on it.....and I have both. I always regarded it as being similar to Opium......but then my nose can be a bit screwed up regarding scents!

Dr Watson

James
Well....that hasn't been my take on it.....and I have both. I always regarded it as being similar to Opium......but then my nose can be a bit screwed up regarding scents!
Just checked out Opium on fragrantica and it appears to be a blackcurrant scent, not thinking of Eucris are you? :happy:

Dr Watson

James
Thats alright we all interpret scents differently, I'll certainly take on board your opinion... Need to find somewhere in town that carries it, Superdrug perhaps? Hmm.

Obsession is very different to TOBS Sandalwood James, though it does have a Sandalwood note. Very heavy on the Cinnamon (to my nose) though a very nice scent. Best suited to colder weather, though don't let that put you off. It does smell very classy.
Opium is also different to all TOBS and Obsession and the best of the bunch..a total classic IMHO. That said I can see why many would find it similar as it is a spicy fragrance like Obsession..but no Sandalwood, a dash of Cedar and I am sure something like Anise and pepper and of course the Blackcurrant.

If you know Penhaligon's LP No. 9 it smells similar to that though I only had a sample of LP and have the full bottle of Opium.

Last edited:

Dr Watson

James
Obsession is very different to TOBS Sandalwood James, though it does have a Sandalwood note. Very heavy on the Cinnamon (to my noise) though a very nice scent. Best suited to colder weather, though don't let that put you off. It does smell very classy.
Opium is also different to all TOBS and Obsession and the best of the bunch..a total classic IMHO. That said I can see why many would find it similar as it is a spicy fragrance like Obsession..but no Sandalwood, a dash of Cedar and I am sure something like Anise and pepper and of course the Blackcurrant.

If you know Penhaligon's LP No. 9 it smells similar to that though I only had a sample of LP and have the full bottle of Opium.
Thank you! I think you've comprehensively put that idea to bed :happy:

I have found somewhere in town that stocks it so I'll give it a sniff when I get a chance anyway. Not sure how I feel about Opium as my mother has worn the female version of it for as long as I can remember :unsure:

Thank you! I think you've comprehensively put that idea to bed :happy:

I have found somewhere in town that stocks it so I'll give it a sniff when I get a chance anyway. Not sure how I feel about Opium as my mother has worn the female version of it for as long as I can remember :unsure:
Hoped it helped, somewhat James. I suppose there is no substitute for sniffing out a scent to be honest, to see whether it's for you. Good luck!:thumbsup:

Dr Watson

James
Hoped it helped, somewhat James. I suppose there is no substitute for sniffing out a scent to be honest, to see whether it's for you. Good luck!:thumbsup:
Oh yes its helped alright, I had one on eBay lined up for a snipe but I've cancelled that now until I get get a whiff of it in Superdrug. It seemed quite promising upon initial recommendation as everyone on Basenotes says the CK is a powdery sweet old man smell, which would also fit the TOBS :happy:

Dr Watson

James
Just to bring this thread to a conclusion, I managed a few sprays of CK Obsession in Superdrug the other day... Shaverrific was 100% correct it has no resemblance to TOBS Sandalwood, its an inoffensive scent but too much of a 'Dad Cologne' for me and not something I would ever wear, I'm not into cardigans and Werther's originals yet :p:

Dr Watson

James
oh dear, I'd better stash my bottle away for 30 years :)
Maybe you can pull it off? I cant :( My skin does something to frags containing vanilla, it turns sour... So even if I did like it I couldn't wear it. For this reason my Caron will be in the BST section soon.

Last edited:

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
A little birdy told me CK Obsession for men is very similar to TOBS Sandalwood, anyone care to comment on this statement? I really enjoy the TOBS scent but find the post shave products fade away too soon scent wise.

I've not tried the CK so input from anyone that has would be very welcome indeed :thumbsup:
With you on the TOBS Sandlewood scent, looking myself