Charcoal goods razor

wintoid

Out of control
I read that Brian shaves with the level 3 SB and can't cope with the level 3 OC himself. Depends how far over your threshold the 3OC was.

TBH it's almost certainly too much for me too :)

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
Just got a email saying I can buy off the waitlist but not sure if I'm going to there is no lvl 2 plates and I've just sold a lvl 3 as was to aggressive ,anyone have a lvl 1 and wants it like ?

Thanks Ian
Hi Ian:

After you use the code, the waitlist button is removed and able to order. I would think lvl 2 base plates are available. I recall a minor delay on the screen when I ordered several months ago.

I have a Copper OC lvl 1 that will be on B/S/T shortly or in trade.

Howie

beisler

I bought 2 handles from Brian 2 years ago when he first started. I actually talked to him on the phone and he wasn't known yet
and he asked me if I wanted the heads. I thought the hammered handle and maze handles were beautiful so I just bought them and not the heads.
Later, after the reviews on the forums started coming in I realized how good the shaves were. I have the lvl 2 in antique brass but want the lvl 3 OC in copper so I joined the waiting list. In the last 2 months I have moved from 513 to 493. I hope to be able to get it by 2020.:)

wintoid

Out of control
My gradual love affair with the level 3 OC continues. I'm not someone who seeks out super-aggressive razors, and this would not have been my first choice, but it's what came up for sale. I usually prefer SB to OC. I would have been really happy with a level 2 SB.

However, the level 3 OC is a very surprising razor. So far, I have never nicked myself with it, nor experienced any irritation. During the shave, it sometimes feels a bit scary, but I think perhaps that's because I don't like OCs and there's a lot of blade feel. After the shave, the BBS feeling lasts much longer than most razors.

This morning, I shaved 3 passes, all of them against the grain (!) except under the nose where I always go XTG.

Pass 1 - my god, I could go to work like this and it would be as close to BBS as a 3 pass with many razors
Pass 2 - OK that really cleared up absolutely anything that was left over
Pass 3 - pointless but fun, I'm just polishing a dolphin here

I think this might be the best shave I've ever had.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
My gradual love affair with the level 3 OC continues. I'm not someone who seeks out super-aggressive razors, and this would not have been my first choice, but it's what came up for sale. I usually prefer SB to OC. I would have been really happy with a level 2 SB.

However, the level 3 OC is a very surprising razor. So far, I have never nicked myself with it, nor experienced any irritation. During the shave, it sometimes feels a bit scary, but I think perhaps that's because I don't like OCs and there's a lot of blade feel. After the shave, the BBS feeling lasts much longer than most razors.

This morning, I shaved 3 passes, all of them against the grain (!) except under the nose where I always go XTG.

Pass 1 - my god, I could go to work like this and it would be as close to BBS as a 3 pass with many razors
Pass 2 - OK that really cleared up absolutely anything that was left over
Pass 3 - pointless but fun, I'm just polishing a dolphin here

I think this might be the best shave I've ever had.
Congratulations, Simon, and the Lvl3 is certainly a close shaver. Although I never once cut myself, I always felt on tenterhooks throughout the shaves. Great razor, just didn't enjoy the experience. I'm sure a Lvl2 would have suited me better.