Charcoal goods razor

chinski

Forum GOD!
after a short wait I received an invite to purchase CG razor. Just a few questions?

I like the look of the shiny brass and shiny copper. Not sure which to go for. Never had a copper razor, I guess the copper razor will last a lifetime?

As I understand the LV2 is similar to the standard Wolfman or timeless 95? SB or OC?

Any advise and photos would be appreciated.

Holyzeus

TSR reject
Lv2 is way more efficient than a standard gap Wolfman.
It is also incredibly smooth for how efficient it is.
I no longer have a Timeless so difficult for me to say but from memory it’s maybe not quite as efficient as the .95 but not by much but it’s smoother.
Loads of pictures on his website and Instagram

chinski

Forum GOD!
Lv2 is way more efficient than a standard gap Wolfman.
It is also incredibly smooth for how efficient it is.
I no longer have a Timeless so difficult for me to say but from memory it’s maybe not quite as efficient as the .95 but not by much but it’s smoother.
Loads of pictures on his website and Instagram
Thank you. Any thoughts on the brass or copper? OC or SB?

Holyzeus

TSR reject
I only use SB so can’t help there
I have two complete razors one Antique Brass, the other Antique Brass again but with an Antique Copper head.
I’ll see what pics I have

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
I have Charcoal Goods OC lvl 1 in copper and a SB lvl 2 in brass. Both 3" handles and both antique. The color is obviously different and I would think both would last a long time. I physically have a Wolfman Guerrilla, I only have the standard Wolfman in my dreams.

The copper razor is about 6-7 grams heavier (copper 93gr and brass 86gr). I am extremely happy with both, I have a very slight preference for the balance of the copper razor. Handle pattern is different and everyone has different perceptions. Chosing a 3.5" or magnum handle may change the feel and balance. Ironically, I really want a CG 3.5" copper handle (a favorite pattern).

Be the first one on the block with lvl 2 in Copper !!

Last edited:

chinski

Forum GOD!
I have Charcoal Goods OC lvl 1 in copper and a SB lvl 2 in brass. Both 3" handles and both antique. The color is obviously different and I would think both would last a long time. I physically have a Wolfman Guerrilla, I only have the standard Wolfman in my dreams.

The copper razor is about 6-7 grams heavier (copper 93gr and brass 86gr). I am extremely happy with both, I have a very slight opreference for the balance of the copper razor. Handle pattern is different and everyone has different perceptions. Chosing a 3.5" or magnum handle may change the feel and balance. Ironically, I really want a CG 3.5" copper handle (a favorite pattern).

Be the first one on the block with lvl 2 in Copper !!
Yes. Love the look of the shiny copper. LV2 with the magnum handle the photo looks stunning on the website.

halvor

a most elusive fish
As I understand the LV2 is similar to the standard Wolfman or timeless 95? SB or OC?
Depends what you mean by similar.

Equally efficient? Possibly.

Equally aggressive? Lvl2 SB less than OC.95, partly related to the different feel (below).

Equal feel? No way. Charcoal is a few clicks toward Blackbird in feeling slimmer in profile and a tad pointier than Timeless’ bigger and rounder head. Feel of the blade is also different, Timeless more easily lends itself to a scraping feel with a not optimal angle, which is why a few don’t take a fancy methinks. Lvl2 can be thrown around rather carelessly, not so with Timeless. IMO.

I’ve only tried SBs from Charcoal, in levels two and three. Timeless I’ve had OC.95 and OC.68 plus scalloped SB.95, kept the first only as I found the SB to be too close to it in all ways and the smaller gap OC curiously less smooth than .95.

Petronius

Legendary Member
I have just been invited to buy a razor as well, typical money is short at the moment.............:cry:
I am on list as well at approx 200 place. If it helps, let me your place and I will let you mine. Btw. I want level 2 SB, level 3 OC and SB, Magnum handle in dark antique brass. If you are interested in, just PM me. Thanks.

chinski

Forum GOD!
Just had confirmation that the razor has been dispatched. Brian also said that there aren’t a lot of copper razor made and available.

Great service from a nice man. Great experience!,,,