CBD Oil - Anybody use it?

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Just ordered some to try for the Osteoarthritis in my knees. It’s been getting worse since the knee op last year. Due to my age, too young, they won’t operate and all they say to do is take Ibuprofen. With recent reports saying long term use is bad for the stomach. As I already having issues with acid reflux I’m reluctant to take them daily. So it’s worth a go. I’ll report back !

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Just ordered some to try for the Osteoarthritis in my knees. It’s been getting worse since the knee op last year. Due to my age, too young, they won’t operate and all they say to do is take Ibuprofen. With recent reports saying long term use is bad for the stomach. As I already having issues with acid reflux I’m reluctant to take them daily. So it’s worth a go. I’ll report back !
Good luck.. Remember, start low, go slow is the key. I will not touch ibuprofen now.. Gave me ulcers. Ok omly 2 x 1mm ones but boy did they cause havoc. I get acid so have Lanzoprazole. Only take them when needed and not one a day as prescribed but they are good. Hope you go well with the oil. Where did you order from?

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Good luck.. Remember, start low, go slow is the key. I will not touch ibuprofen now.. Gave me ulcers. Ok omly 2 x 1mm ones but boy did they cause havoc. I get acid so have Lanzoprazole. Only take them when needed and not one a day as prescribed but they are good. Hope you go well with the oil. Where did you order from?
I ordered from here. What dosage would you suggest. I was thinking 1 drop am and pm ?

https://www.healthspan.co.uk/products/high-strength-cbd-oil-dropper-275-250mg-10ml#/?pack size=250

I’m on Lanzoprazole 30 mg daily. I can’t miss a day on that or I suffer by the end of the day. The am one an hour or so after the Lanzoprazole.

Last edited:

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
I ordered from here. What dosage would you suggest. I was thinking 1 drop am and pm ?

https://www.healthspan.co.uk/products/high-strength-cbd-oil-dropper-275-250mg-10ml#/?pack size=250

I’m on Lanzoprazole 30 mg daily. I can’t miss a day on that or I suffer by the end of the day. The am one an hour or so after the Lanzoprazole.
They look ok and are registered. What works for one may not work for others. Yes, start on 1 drop either 2 or 3 times a day. Do that for a week and see how you go. Increase to 2 drops on each occasion after that and then to 3 etc. Some people can take up to 6 weeks to get any benefit or, if lucky like me you will get results MUCH earlier than that. More is not necessarily better here. You need to find what works for YOU. One thing to consider though is using an oil with a high level of cbdA which is specifically meant to be good for joint pain and reduce inflammation etc. I cannot see what yours has. may be worth asking them? I started with H&B before I knew better. Then got some Cheds Green which is high in cbda. I have since blended them together but when this runs out I think I will use Simply CBD.co.uk . Their green is high also in cbda. Hope this helps.

I like Simply as they are very clear as to what is in the bottle and what levels you get per drop. Also, check the prices (need to add del costs but still good ). Excellent and all profits go towards their own animal sanctuary.

https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/product/simplycbd-green-10ml-30ml/

Edit - just had another look at healthspan and they are very clear on website too. The level of cbd per drop is fairly low but that is not a bad thing when starting. Clear instructions too.

Last edited:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
They look ok and are registered. What works for one may not work for others. Yes, start on 1 drop either 2 or 3 times a day. Do that for a week and see how you go. Increase to 2 drops on each occasion after that and then to 3 etc. Some people can take up to 6 weeks to get any benefit or, if lucky like me you will get results MUCH earlier than that. More is not necessarily better here. You need to find what works for YOU. One thing to consider though is using an oil with a high level of cbdA which is specifically meant to be good for joint pain and reduce inflammation etc. I cannot see what yours has. may be worth asking them? I started with H&B before I knew better. Then got some Cheds Green which is high in cbda. I have since blended them together but when this runs out I think I will use Simply CBD.co.uk . Their green is high also in cbda. Hope this helps.

I like Simply as they are very clear as to what is in the bottle and what levels you get per drop. Also, check the prices (need to add del costs but still good ). Excellent and all profits go towards their own animal sanctuary.

https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/product/simplycbd-green-10ml-30ml/

Edit - just had another look at healthspan and they are very clear on website too. The level of cbd per drop is fairly low but that is not a bad thing when starting. Clear instructions too.
That’s great, thanks for your help. I’ll see how I go and may be try Simply sometime. I’ll update how it goes.

Francorelli

Forum fella
Don't knock it guys / gals until you have tried it. ( and hopefully you do not have to ).
In keeping with the above sentiment, I've recently started using CBD oil. I've endured chronic pain in joints and muscles for the last 27 years, caused by recurring injuries and fibromyalgia. During that time I've tried a wide range of pain control and therapeutic remedies.

The body itself uses pain as a warning mechanism to alert an individual as to damage or strain. Masking this pain, can further damage or strain the problem area.
Nishy makes a valid point here. I agree this is particularly relevant to the early stages of acute injuries. I've learned the hard way that you shouldn't push it too hard when you're injured.

Over the last five years I've had an increase in pain and injuries, and long periods of 2017 and 2018 were spent unable to work (I'm self-employed) due to my loss of mobility. My ongoing challenge has been how to maintain daily activities while experiencing various levels of constant pain, so if CBD oil can offer any relief, then I'll give it a try.

Francorelli

Forum fella
er, you already said you are using it?
Apologies for the lack of clarity. I was attempting to convey my willingness to consider it as an option.

How is it going?
Still too early to make a clear judgement for two main reasons: 1) I've only been taking it for two weeks. 2) I'm recovering from hernia repair surgery (4 days ago), which has thrown things a bit out of whack, what with necessary use of codeine etc..

Prior to surgery, it felt like the edge had been taken off some of the regular aches and pains. Will report more later.

Last edited:

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Apologies for the lack of clarity. I was attempting to convey my willingness to consider it as an option.

Still too early to make a clear judgement for two main reasons: 1) I've only been taking it for two weeks. 2) I'm recovering from hernia repair surgery (4 days ago), which has thrown things a bit out of whack, what with necessary use of codeine etc..

Prior to surgery, it felt like the edge had been taken off some of the regular aches and pains. Will report more later.
You really need to get over the surgery and in particular stop the codeine - but I suppose you know that already. If prior to this the cbd had 'taken the edge off' then that is a good sign as you have only just started and a gradual increase in dose may well work for you. Fingers crossed. As above, pain helped by cbda rich oils.