Case Closed - Rockwell 6c issue (Update; The Razor is unusable..Update 2: Rockwell will send a replacement handle.)

• Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date

pimple8

Forum GOD!
I've heard quite a few stories about people having issues with the 6c. I've havent heard the same about the 6s. That's peculiar, right?
S is different material, quite durable so ofcoutae this doesn't happen.
It shouldnt happen with C but guess the alloy used in it is to soft.

pimple8

Forum GOD!
So, email sent. Fingers crossed.

I told them I don't demand something specific and I don't expect anything from them. They are not obliged to do anything, maybe I did something wrong, who knows.
Don't worry. They know about that issue. I wasn't the first one who asked for a replacement.

One thing though, my new gunmetal handle and cap are darker than the old one. So my old plates are always lighter. Not thay big of a deal, as long as this best performing razor works.

D

Deleted member 1881

Don't worry. They know about that issue. I wasn't the first one who asked for a replacement.

One thing though, my new gunmetal handle and cap are darker than the old one. So my old plates are always lighter. Not thay big of a deal, as long as this best performing razor works.
Oh good to know.
So, they asked for pictures, I sent them but they don't seem to help a lot. They don't show anything TBH.
But I think even if they agree to send me replacements, they will ask me to pay for the shipping.

D

Deleted member 1881

I found that the handle of my Parker 97R fits perfectly on the top cap of the 6c along with the plate 5/6. It goes all the way up and seems very beautiful to the eye.

If they refuse to send a handle for free, I won't bother and use the Parker's handle.

I am not sure that the new Rockwell handle won't break loose again. It seems they have problem on the QC.

If I had a heavy hand, I would have messed up my Wilkinson Sword Classic too. But no, still strong after 6 years.

D

Deleted member 1881

All it takes is a search on /r/wicked_edge and you'll see they clearly have quality control issues. It's a brand that will never enter my house.
I have learned my lesson. The head gives good smooth shaves on the 5-6 though..

I would never buy it again of course and I won't pay the shipping if they ask to.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
All it takes is a search on /r/wicked_edge and you'll see they clearly have quality control issues. It's a brand that will never enter my house.
Notwithstanding the known 'issues' with some 6C threads , I think there are many that will disagree with that statement, me included, having had very good , albeit not immediate, resolutions from the ROCKWELL GUYS.

D

Deleted member 1881

Damn me that was excellent.

Rockwell asked for pics from the inside of the handle and both top caps. I sent them, although they don't show something specific.

They instantly replied that they are going to send me a gunmetal replacement handle free of charge and free of shipping cost.

@pimple8

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul L

Forum GOD!
Good to hear you got it sorted Randy

I must have got lucky with my 6C
I've had it for over two years, I must have shaved with it well over 100 times, and never had any issues.

Nice to see that Rockwell are doing the right thing by you

D

Deleted member 1881

Good to hear you got it sorted Randy

I must have got lucky with my 6C
I've had it for over two years, I must have shaved with it well over 100 times, and never had any issues.

Nice to see that Rockwell are doing the right thing by you
Thanks. I really don't believe that it was my fault. I don't have heavy hand, but when I was screwing the Rockwell's handle always felt awkward. Not smooth.

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Notwithstanding the known 'issues' with some 6C threads , I think there are many that will disagree with that statement, me included, having had very good , albeit not immediate, resolutions from the ROCKWELL GUYS.
I've never said they don't help out their customers. But they should be looking at the real problem instead i.e. their quality control issues. Customers shouldn't have to go through this hassle when they buy one of their products. It's fine if it only happens a few times to a few different customers, but I've come across many posts on reddit which showed the poor quality control from Rockwell.

D

Deleted member 1881

I've never said they don't help out their customers. But they should be looking at the real problem instead i.e. their quality control issues. Customers shouldn't have to go through this hassle when they buy one of their products. It's fine if it only happens a few times to a few different customers, but I've come across many posts on reddit which showed the poor quality control from Rockwell.
I will grab some Yaqi razors. I am almost sure that I won't experience the same issues as with Rockwell.

Rockwell says made in China, Yaqi are definitely made in China. Just look at the price difference.