Carista

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
2011 Passat.
So the Carista should have all the functions. Only thing I’d say is the obd2 is cheap enough but watch that subscription at £34 after the initial month free. Still cheaper than a call to a garage. Carista states on the Passat it does ABS.

Can your fault wait for delivery of a Carista ? Don’t also forget the Carista will allow you “customisations”. I used that on our Yeti, now have dial sweep and mph instead of kph on the mfd.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
So the Carista should have all the functions. Only thing I’d say is the obd2 is cheap enough but watch that subscription at £34 after the initial month free. Still cheaper than a call to a garage. Carista states on the Passat it does ABS.

Can your fault wait for delivery of a Carista ? Don’t also forget the Carista will allow you “customisations”. I used that on our Yeti, now have dial sweep and mph instead of kph on the mfd.
I wish I had bought VAGCOM - VCDS when I first got into VAG, I'd have had my monies worth!
I only have a cheap bluetooth adapter, just to test the water. If I thought they actually were as good the dealer systems I would buy one. On the fence...

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I wish I had bought VAGCOM - VCDS when I first got into VAG, I'd have had my monies worth!
I only have a cheap bluetooth adapter, just to test the water. If I thought they actually were as good the dealer systems I would buy one. On the fence...
Carista works on the Pug, but limited to fault codes and no codes have popped up. It does work on Dash Command on the Pug and Yeti. Dash Command is a nice app, you get loads of dials. I tried loads of free apps with my old cheap Wi-fi Emu27 ( think that’s what it was ). Took an age before I spent out on Dash Command.

bugra101

Forum GOD!
How well does this app work? I do have a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter. I have a failed abs sensor and need to know which one it is. Can the app tell me this?
Afaik no one of the diagnosis will tell which ABS sensor is faulty, I had the exact same issue on my BMW.

Even BMW garage’s diagnostics didn’t find out what was wrong with it. I found it through a car forum.

Not sure if you know but most manufacturers will say you have to change the whole drive shaft if the ring+sensor fails but you don’t.

You can get an aftermarket ring+sensor. Cost 25-30 per corner instead of 300-350 per corner for driveshaft.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
The OBD11 pin pointed the correct sensor, rear right. Swapped out. Sorted.
For anyone with VAG, OBD11 highly recommend.

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
Got one for the Fabia. It's worthwhile asking about being a 'Beta' tester for a short while too. Managed to get locking above 10mph activated, needle-sweep, refill quantity, lap timer (I know, right?!) and hill-hold on the Fabia. Simple to use.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Got one for the Fabia. It's worthwhile asking about being a 'Beta' tester for a short while too. Managed to get locking above 10mph activated, needle-sweep, refill quantity, lap timer (I know, right?!) and hill-hold on the Fabia. Simple to use.
I know the needle sweep thing is daft, but I do like it ! LOL !

Adding Hill Hold is great, that would cost you something like £70 plus I’m told. So it’s more than paid it’s way.