Carbonshaving

Masamune

Forum GOD!
How much blade exposure do you think the Carbon has? I've asked Sean but he prefers to keep this info hidden.

The next batch is due for release in 1-2 weeks btw. They will be testing new plates with different gaps and (secret) blade exposures.

CarbonShavingCo

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Absolutely we plan to keep the classic/original @snackgoblin !

Just to add some more colour to what we are doing:

The feedback on our current configuration has been well received. Based on customer and the community feedback what we have discovered is people like options and have preferences. Based on this we are exploring additional base plates to cater to these preferences.

We are in the process of finishing up 2 new base plates for consideration, we have not gone into production with these, instead we have done a very small run of these plates and wanted to get these units into the hands of some of our users. I reached out to Nishy and asked if I could also add these plates into the current pass around as well (working on those logistics now)....

I hope to share more details in the next week but 2 new base plates for consideration, designated "+" and "++"...each of these plates will have a different blade gap and different exposure.

snackgoblin

Über Member
Absolutely we plan to keep the classic/original @snackgoblin !

I hope to share more details in the next week but 2 new base plates for consideration, designated "+" and "++"...each of these plates will have a different blade gap and different exposure.
Wonderful news...I will be eagerly awaiting the new details, as to the metrics for the + and ++ models...as well as new stock of the "Original" model :)

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Just received a complimentary milder (-) SS plate from Sean to try. The original 0.68 gap is my favourite of the available three, so far. Be interesting to try a lower gap plate.

Only first use of the mild plate using a Feather, but already I can easily say Sean has created a winner. The original plate has always been my preferred plate, the + and ++ plates, whilst smoother, were never as effective, for me. This mild plate, on paper, shouldn't be for me either, however, it's bloody brilliant, excuse my French.
Super smooth, extremely vocal, and so efficient. In difficult areas such as chin and jawline, this mild plates just performs brilliantly. Totally surprising.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I didn't get a chance to pick up the same plate for the pass around, as I didn't receive any slip from RM, notifying of missed/attempted delivery.

Looking forward (even more) to try it now.

jeepie

Forum GOD!
Grief - the ransom department really took a chunk on my baseplate delivered by UPS - don't get me wrong I pay tax, but it was egregious in this case. Really hope I don't need to buy another plate :wink: Love my CX.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Only first use of the mild plate using a Feather, but already I can easily say Sean has created a winner. The original plate has always been my preferred plate, the + and ++ plates, whilst smoother, were never as effective, for me. This mild plate, on paper, shouldn't be for me either, however, it's bloody brilliant, excuse my French.
Super smooth, extremely vocal, and so efficient. In difficult areas such as chin and jawline, this mild plates just performs brilliantly. Totally surprising.
Second use of the mild prototype plate which I've now learned has the same blade exposure as the ++ plate, along with a blade gap of 0.71, marginally more than the original 0.68. Yesterday, I used the original plate.
My thoughts of two days ago remain unchanged. The mild plate is smoother than the original, more akin to the ++, but has an efficiency similar to the original, possibly even marginally more. For someone that likes the original plate performance, but prefers less blade feel, this prototype is it.