Carbonshaving

Atxwatch

Forum GOD!
I too like mild feeling razors with good efficiency and for me the Carbon Cx fits the bill, if I was you I would get your name down for the pass around that is taking place now. This is not an aggressive razor by any means, just smooth and effective.
I suspect I won't be included in the passaround because I am not a "full member" yet as was told to me in another passaround (Tara Nodachi)...

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
I suspect I won't be included in the passaround because I am not a "full member" yet as was told to me in another passaround (Tara Nodachi)...
By the time the list goes down to the last few names you may well have been here long enough and have made enough posts, you never know! :) P.

Atxwatch

Forum GOD!
By the time the list goes down to the last few names you may well have been here long enough and have made enough posts, you never know! :) P.
I am not one of those guys that spams this forum just to hit a post count or whatever...I don't even know how many posts I have to get to to be considered a "full member". At that point, my time is worth more to me than to even try. I'll just buy the dang thing and go from there.

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
I am not one of those guys that spams this forum just to hit a post count or whatever...I don't even know how many posts I have to get to to be considered a "full member". At that point, my time is worth more to me than to even try. I'll just buy the dang thing and go from there.
Just a thought! It's had enough good feedback so it's not like you will be taking too much of a risk, go for it. :) P.

Wayne

Forum Sod
I was lucky enough to pick one up for a great price with the Titainium handle. That wasn’t for me. Far too light and the shave suffered for it IMO. I swapped mine with @Blackmass For the R2 in SS. I still stand by my judgement that Carbon have made an outstanding head but are yet to make a decent handle. The Bravo from @vlasta kicks it’s arse. The Carbon ones are too light. Just my opinion of course but I’d love Carbon to make a great handle for the head to make this a classic razor and must have on anyone’s shelf. The handle is just as important a la Blackbirds razors. They always come with an outstanding handle.

Agravic

Forum GOD!
Carbon Shaving Co. - Cx Damascus steel razor

I recently asked Sean about the prospects of Cx being offered in alternative materials/styles. He indicated that there were several ideas in various stages of development. Carbon has maintained from the beginning that their 'goal is to pay homage to great designs of the past while utilizing modern craftsmanship, design and materials'.
Sean mentioned his idea of producing an all Damascus steel razor, and I indicated interest in acquiring one if possible. He cautioned that cost of materials/machining/finishing of Damascus steel would be significantly higher compared to those associated with 316L steel used in standard Cx razors.

To my knowledge, this is the first ever complete Damascus steel DE razor made.

The Cx Damascus design emulated the standard SS Cx head and R2 handle, utilizing several distinct alloys of steel. All work (forging, machining, finishing) was done locally.
Specifications are identical and weight is almost the same (89.5g vs 90.5g).

The final results are absolutely stunning. Camera photos cannot fully capture the beauty here in terms of patterning, textures, and hues. The razor is gorgeous from all angles.

Although this was a one-time special commission, Sean has not ruled out elements of this design being offered for sale in the future.

This razor truly exemplifies the high quality and optimal performance I've found with the Cx, and fulfills Carbon's mission to create 'authentic, lasting products that are worthy of being called an heirloom'. Well done!