BST for fragrances

Discussion in 'Fragrance, Cologne and Scents' started by Assmilkplz, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Assmilkplz

Assmilkplz Veteran

Hey all,

I've been recently looking into frags more often that I care to admit to and am now ready to make some purchases. I'm aiming at blind buying multiple frags, so given a limited budget, would like to buy used ones on a public forum (such as this one, or facebook if need be) and not pay for full bottles.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I should be looking? Preferably one with a large UK/European member base.

Thanks ATG!

2. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

I can't help with the social media side as I don't use Divorcebook but if I may could I recommend Allbeauty and Notino as the best internet sites to buy great quality discounted frags. I buy the majority of mine probably two/three bottles per month from the above with Allbeauty edging it for me on speed of delivery and customer service. Well worth checking out.

3. guy1307

guy1307 Forum GOD!

Agree what Wayne wrote. Great internet sites. i also use them often.

Assmilkplz and Wayne like this.
  4. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

For some cheap perfumes check out attars, in particular 'perfumeparlour'. Imitation oils, some are quite realistic. We also have a thread dedicated to attars on ATG.

guy1307, Assmilkplz and Wayne like this.
  5. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Forum GOD!

I've been a member on a couple but the best UK centric fragrance split and BST for me is "Fragrance Sale/Swap/Split UK" which is on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=fragrance sale/swap/split uk

Great admin and members, plus there are a fair few of us wet shavers there. But as always with large group BSTs do your research on the seller before purchase. I've not seen any recent doggy dealings but there is always a crook in the shadows waiting.

guy1307, Assmilkplz and Benz3ne like this.
  6. Blackmass

Blackmass Forum GOD!

Why not buy samples first? It’s the safest and cheapest way to go. I’ve bought a couple of blind buys and thankful most have paid off but that’s more luck than anything else. You can read all the reviews and watch hours upon hours of YouTube videos but until you get your nose on it you’ll never know.

7. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Forum GOD!

Very wise words. One mans rose is another mans stink weed

Assmilkplz and Blackmass like this.
  8. Benz3ne

Benz3ne Legendary Member

Samples, samples, samples! Pop by Boots/Debenhams/etc. or the more 'upmarket' ones if you're close to London (6th floor of harrods, Jovoy London etc.) to try some more niche examples of perfumery.
    Bloom are good for samples as is fragrancesamples.uk.com
    Tomscreeddecants.bigcartel.com is also fantastic and Tom is a good chap.

Otherwise, as Mem states above, there's some good ones on Facebook. There's another group called 'Fragcomm UK' which is decent.

Basenotes forums have a BST 'marketplace'. It's mostly littered with USA-based threads but there's some good UK-based ones here and there. I know @rum also advertises there and is a good chap to deal with! Otherwise, do some research. See what you tend towards - do you like florals, thick/heavy/sweet scents, aromatic and aquatic scents etc?

Wayne is right about Notino. They often have some decently priced Mancera and Montale fragrances which are already decent bang-for-buck, but the price they can come down to is, frankly, a steal at times! I'd say try and avoid ebay unless you know exactly what you're looking at/for. There's oftentimes a large number of duplicated fragrances or people trying to make a quick buck.

9. Sid James

Sid James ...

Find the right people to speak to and don’t mess them about.

Assmilkplz, Mr Bigmem and Benz3ne like this.
  10. rum

rum Veteran

Greetings and welcome to the fragrance disease! There is no cure, but at least you'll smell awesome! :)

I agree with Blackmass. You don't want to be blowing your entire budget on blind buys. Even if your 'nose is good' and you can understand what a scent is going to smell like from a description, you are bound to go down a rabbit hole and end up wanting to sell something afterwards.

I would rather someone asked me for samples (which I'll happily make up if I can) than went and spent XYZ on three or four bottles that they will end up getting bored of later on. That is good for places like the superb BST forum here, or on other sites, but it's not good for your pocket :)

By all means though, do ask the members here and elsewhere as there is plenty of information around. I don't really buy into the YouTube reviewers as I think a lot of them are paid to do what they do. Or at least there is an element of bias involved in their reviews.

11. rum

rum Veteran

This post made me laugh very loudly!
    I did the whole 'divorcebook' (love it!!!) ten years ago and soon enough came off it. I would be very cautious about buying/selling from people on FB groups as they can potentially see a lot of personal information and use it for identity theft, etc. So what might be a seemingly innocent purchase/sale, could end up costing you dearly. Just my thoughts though.

Wayne and Blackmass like this.
  12. Assmilkplz

Assmilkplz Veteran

Yeah I am actually too familiar with Allbeauty and Notino lol, some good deals to be had on these.

Done that as well, though some of the oils I have found to be far off the real stuff (like Creed's Royal Oud)

Awesome just what I was looking for thanks! now a member :dance:

Short answer? Being impatient:D I have done some samples already, but you're 100% right. It's just that itch needs scratching...

Thanks everyone for being really helpful!

Mr Bigmem, Nishy and Blackmass like this.
  13. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Forum GOD!

What can I say I love sharing lol

Assmilkplz and Blademonkey like this.
  14. ManicDee

ManicDee Forum GOD!

Try to get samples if you can or see if anyone is selling any decants, such as Sid James or Rum as an example.
    They sell quality and at reasonable prices and I am sure there are others on this site to choose from too.
    I took a punt with Sid James for a few decants of Acqua di Parma Colonia "Assoluta and Ambra" and Zerjoff 1861 "Zefiro". The first and last I absolutely love,
    the Ambra is OK but that's just me! The point is, if I had spent a lot of money on it, I would have been Pi55ed but I didn't and I am growing to liking the Ambra now!

Blackmass, Benz3ne and Wayne like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice