Brush from USA

chinski

Forum GOD!
i would love to have an opportunity to buy some brushes from the US. After reading various websites it’s clear that some vendor will not send to the UK.

I just wondered on what could be done to buy a new brush and ship to uk with out difficulty?

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Wik.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
i would love to have an opportunity to buy some brushes from the US. After reading various websites it’s clear that some vendor will not send to the UK.

I just wondered on what could be done to buy a new brush and ship to uk with out difficulty?

Wik.
Etsy, many are on there. a few below. Do a search you'll find plenty.
Paragon shaving
Bristle Brushwerks
Elite Razor
DaracPetersWoodCraft
ColoradoRazorDesigns
Turn N Shave
Love your shave
WildWestBrushWorks

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!

Wik.
Is it badger hair brushes you're after?
If so I think the problem is that their is an addtional cost for any export of animal products out of the US. WolfWiskers says on their FAQ
Q: Can you ship Badger hair brushes outside of the USA?
A: No, Wolf Whiskers is defined as a Commercial entity by the Fish and Wildlife Service. As a commercial entity, The Fish and Wildlife Service requires an inspection fee that costs more than a shaving brush for EVERY shipment that contains anything made with animal hair, even a single brush. Wolf Whiskers cannot ship any badger hair products or import them without this fee and permit. So, since the fee costs more than the product, international shipments of animal hair is not optional.

D

Deleted member 1881

ThatDarnRob is one choice! Truly excellent brushes! Way too expensive for my wallet but maybe not for yours!

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I bought a badger brush direct from Bob Quinn at Elite Razors last year. The service from Bob was excellent and the brush is great.
However it wasn’t cheap. Shipping alone was $60.00. I also got stung with fees when it got to the UK. So all-in I didn’t get much change from £200.00.:eek:

Here's the photo Bob sent of my brush and another photo of it a year later:
Rob.jpg

20180601_200009.jpg

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I bought a badger brush direct from Bob Quinn at Elite Razors last year. The service from Bob was excellent and the brush is great.
However it wasn’t cheap. Shipping alone was $60.00. I also got stung with fees when it got to the UK. So all-in I didn’t get much change from £200.00.:eek:

View attachment 30694
View attachment 30695
The extra in the shipping is due to the aforementioned Fish and Wildlife Service inspection and certification fee to allow animal products to be exported.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
The extra in the shipping is due to the aforementioned Fish and Wildlife Service inspection and certification fee to allow animal products to be exported.
Bob did mention it at the time. I just thought folk would like an idea of the costs involved.

View attachment 30694
View attachment 30695

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Cool. Would it have not cost less to get a knot of the same calibre else where and mount it yourself?
Maybe?

In this ‘Wet Shaving’ hobby we all have one thing which we focus/obsess on, brushes being ‘’my thing’’. I want to try as many different brands as possible. I’ve bought and used quite a few over the last couple of years. Each one has its own characteristics. You go to a certain Brush maker or brand for the thing they do.

You can buy a Maseto for £30 or a Simpsons Manchurian for £300.00. Both of which I own and truth be told there’s not a massive difference between them. Why spend £300 when you can spend £30? Who know why we do the things we do?

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
Do you have a specific brush to purchase (Brad Sears, 151 handle, blue & orange, bulb, 28mm, loft 54mm) or open to several brushes?

Some nice brushes on US forum's B/S/T. Many would ship internationally. A used brush may also save some other fees.

If a specific brush, ask for help from US member. Ideal is brush vendor takes your payment and ships to US address for member to forward.