Bowl Lather Question

Conservator

Forum GOD!
I usually face lather. However, lately I am getting down to the last bit of soap and the whole in the soap makes loading the brush more difficult. I have started to scrape off some of the soap and put it in a bowl. I then mash down the soap to spread it out. The problem I am having is that it seems no matter how long I use my brush on the soap I get some soap that remains in the bottom of the bowl after I finish shaving.

Any suggestions on how to convert all of the soap into lather?
 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
One good tip is to spread it thinner as @p.b says but then also apply very little pressure and swirl the brush on the soap in the bowl. You don’t want to build a lather here, just add drops of water slowly if needed and load all the soap you’ve scraped into the knot. Once it has all been loaded then take it to the face.
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I usually face lather. However, lately I am getting down to the last bit of soap and the whole in the soap makes loading the brush more difficult. I have started to scrape off some of the soap and put it in a bowl. I then mash down the soap to spread it out. The problem I am having is that it seems no matter how long I use my brush on the soap I get some soap that remains in the bottom of the bowl after I finish shaving.

Any suggestions on how to convert all of the soap into lather?
What @chris.hale said. Buy another puck of that soap, add the leftover soap to the tub and press it in. This way you use every single bit of soap. No waste.
 
Top