Big Ben Blades

• Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date

Bizzyberry

Forum GOD!
Any good? Anyone tried them?
They work well for me, I pretty much get on with any of the Lord blades, I have tried these and liked them. For me they are not as good as the Lord Platinum blade. If they are not actually the same blade they are just like the other Lord blades such as the Lord Classic or Racer.

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I found them to be okay blades and on a par with Asco’s and Shark’s.

I agree that the Lord Platinum is a better blade, however, the pick of the bunch is the Lord Classic blade for me.

Despite what some sources (such as Bruce on Shaving) say, they do not appear to be the same blade as the Lord Classic both in terms of the smoothness of the shave and the dimensions of the blade (a Classic will fit a Rocnel Elite whereas a Big Ben and an Asco will not).

I would definitely recommend trying a Lord blade sampler pack from Connaught as this will enable to easily see how well they compare to other blades in the Lord range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Watson

James
I bought a pack, used 2 blades and gave the rest away. For me they were one of the most unpleasant blades I have used... However I only ever tried them in a single razor (Gillette Aristocrat Jr) so they may have been better in something else.

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Tried one in my Rockwell 2C and thought it only so-so. Also it was only good for 3 shaves before it went off.

steve