Best performance European shaving soaps

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
Very interesting read!

Am I limiting my possibilities too much if I want a hard soap?

I think I may be the only person that has ever said this, but I get some burning from SV. The lanolin in MWF doesn't agree with my skin.
I think my skin agrees best with tallow based soaps as there aren't that many ingredients in them that my skin can react to. I may give Tabac another go, even though I'm not that hot on the scent.

To get back on topic (EU performance soaps). In terms of latherability and probably amazing for most people, SV is the best I have tried.

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
Very interesting read!

Am I limiting my possibilities too much if I want a hard soap?

I think I may be the only person that has ever said this, but I get some burning from SV. The lanolin in MWF doesn't agree with my skin.
I think my skin agrees best with tallow based soaps as there aren't that many ingredients in them that my skin can react to. I may give Tabac another go, even though I'm not that hot on the scent.

To get back on topic (EU performance soaps). In terms of latherability and probably amazing for most people, SV is the best I have tried.
I get a bit of an issue with the stronger scented S.V Soaps , but find the milder ones fine.

I don't use tallow so can't comment on those , the Mdc has a short ingredients list too , and agrees with my skin , although I did chat to someone here who had trouble with it.

Not sure if you came across Shave Dash yet but they do samples of loads of soaps so you can try them out.

D

Deleted member 1881

Eufros from Spain is more expensive to bring it to Greece, than bring the Siero from the US.

Does it make any sense?

S

Steve Bowles

Panna Crema Nuavia (Italy)
Martin de Cadre (France)
Haslinger (Austria)
Muhle (Germany)
Tabac (Germany)
Saponificio Varesino (Italy)

S

Steve Bowles

I read some comparisons were people tried both and claimed they could tell no difference, although some others claim that there is.
Everything is subjective, as in, Your Mileage May Vary.

D

Deleted member 1881

Having used almost every US/UK/European artisan and commercial since 2011 except some obscure ones I would call out two. A couple of months ago I picked up a jar of MdC Vetiver last having used it 6 years ago.

Martin de Candre
Eufros

Better soaps than Siero, Sego, Milksteak and on. Either I’m tiring of all the artisans and hype or the above two soaps are that good for me. Kicking myself I stayed away from MdC for so long!
These soap bases have been discussed a lot, that's why it is tiring. The hype is enormous but I can't deny that they perform fantastic.

I didn't try Eufros, but I think it is not necessary.

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
I get a bit of an issue with the stronger scented S.V Soaps , but find the milder ones fine.

I don't use tallow so can't comment on those , the Mdc has a short ingredients list too , and agrees with my skin , although I did chat to someone here who had trouble with it.

Not sure if you came across Shave Dash yet but they do samples of loads of soaps so you can try them out.
Thank you. I have tried Shavedash before but thank you for reminding me. I'll have to try some MdC and some of this Eufros stuff. The scents sound very interesting.

pimple8

Forum GOD!
For me Tabac, Wickham, p&b (performance not scents), Speick, Brutalt bra.

Definite no: LPL, MWF, arko (solely cause of scent), loccitane (overpriced and overrated)

Haven't tried panacrema, eufros, fitjar.
mdc (rose) tried once gave me redness.
SV tried once wasnt impressed, would try again.
I have a puck of Haslinger in new base, only used it twice, super easy to lather but seems it has something that doesn't agree with my skin. Needs further testing.