Best performance European shaving soaps

mar

Forum GOD!
Most topics for best soaps are full of USA artisan soaps that are all unavailable in my country, and have customs charges if I order them online. What are your top European shaving soaps? From online research I found SV , MdC, PannaCrema Nuavia, Wickham 1912 and Haslinger are mostly favorited. How would you rate these? Any other challengers in top ?

D

Deleted member 1881

Valobra hard puck
Vitos Red Soap
Lea Hard puck
LE Pere Lucien Oud/Sandal (Tallow)
TFS Soaps

Pattorashu

Senior Moment
Is RazoRock still made in Italy? They had some really good scents way back when, but I had no idea how to use a croap lol.

IMO, Taylor of Old Bond Street is hard to beat for scent and performance.

Cella is a great performer, but I can't stand the smell.

lloydrm

Forum GOD!
I’d add Eufros/Jabonman and Santa Maria Novella to the list. Speick is good runner up as well. But then you must consider, it all depends on expectations and preferences.

halvor

a most elusive fish
First, a contrarian statement: No way LPL gets to that list. Way too much work and loading amount needed, and even then I don’t always get it right.

Second, I’ll add Joserra’s Brocha base. Spanish artisan, full brand name Jabones de Joserra. Has had mostly a SM presence, but I know some shops stock it, too, Bullgoose is one, ShavingStation possibly? The base is with charcoal; whether or not that’s the X factor I wouldn’t knot, but it delivers a smoooooth lather, excellent shaves and wonderful post shave feel.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Oh, and Haslinger seems to have fallen from grace as it were, with their move from tallow to vegan, made last year.

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Those listed above + P&B, OSP (still available in the odd place), Extro Cosmesi and Saponificio Bignoli

No shortage of excellent soaps across the European continent

mar

Forum GOD!
Oh, and Haslinger seems to have fallen from grace as it were, with their move from tallow to vegan, made last year.
I read some comparisons were people tried both and claimed they could tell no difference, although some others claim that there is.

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
Mdc - expensive initial outlay but it lasts and for me is the best Soap I even used.
Wickhams 1912 - Loads to try I love the Classic and the Nine di Egeria out of the ones I tried
S.V. again they last.
Natural Ireland - I like the Natural Shave Soap. The other r2 they do have Seaweed in and to me smell a bit fishy so I am not keen on those.