Best mentholated aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by halvor, Jun 2, 2018.

1. halvor

halvor Esquire

All right, let me hear it, boys: Your votes for the best mentholated aftershaves. Feel free to enter nominees/your winners in classes, ie best scented (beyond menthol), best for skin, etc. I’m not into pure menthol, just a little cooling.

I’m cravin’ some freshness in this heat wave of late and need your input, please

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Mikey J likes this.
  2. FluffyGroodle

FluffyGroodle Fluffy Faced Veteran

Fine Snake Bite AS :cold:

3. wooky114

wooky114 Legend In His Own Lunchtime

Alcolado Glacial.

sɐǝɹpu∀ and halvor like this.
  4. Mr_Smartepants

Mr_Smartepants Genius Member

Anything from Fine Accouterments or Wholly Kaw gets my vote. I'm also a big fan of Floid and Myrsol.

halvor likes this.
  5. carbold

carbold Carlo

I only tried Floid and Proraso Green, the latter being my favourite in terms of freshness on the skin but it doesn’t last long...

halvor likes this.
  6. HMan

HMan Veteran

Myrsol Lemon is a great heatwave AS. Myrsol is good in the heat due to it’s lack of anything greasy, it just goes on clean and cooling.

Poirots Tache and halvor like this.
  7. Barrister&Mann - Arctique

Yehuda D, FluffyGroodle and halvor like this.
  8. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

Are the ‘standard’ B&M ASL as good as the Reserve ones?

struttura.originaria and HMan like this.
  9. Yes, they are. Very similar indeed. I really like BM aftershaves, both Glissant and Reserve (Glissant soaps don't work so good on me).

p.b likes this.
  10. Proraso Green, Floid Vigoroso, Fine Snakebite, Pitralon Classic, Aqua Velva Ice Blue.. D R Harris Arlington.
    One other thing I do is mix witch hazel and pure essential oils. The last concoction I made for summer was Peppermint, Camphor and Eucalyptus oils..worked great, plus you can add as much or as little as you like.

Yehuda D, Poirots Tache and halvor like this.
  11. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

Proraso Green it's a true aftershave nourishing and not overpowering. Pitralon again is a firm favourite (the classic version).

Floid Vigaroso is good but it reminds me of Benylin/Actifed dry cough scent. Nice talc finish.

I find Alcolado Glacial cuttingly cold. I used it as a body splash last year on the hottest days of summer and it was soothing. Not overly keen on its citronella base.

12. Dr Watson

Dr Watson The Other James

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record but Nivea 2-Phase. Its got a bit of cooling menthol going on, perhaps not quite enough for my taste but nothing a few crystals can't remedy 3637.gif

Yehuda D, halvor and N_Architect like this.
  13. Jacobite

Jacobite Legendary Member

You said mildly mentholated, so I'd pick Floid Vigoroso and Figaro Monsieur Gold, or Amber is what I believe they are calling it today. They are both nice Mediterranean mentholated splashes with nice, old fashioned, barber shop scents. My other fave is Mennen Skin Bracer, which is probably not easy to find in Europe.

Yehuda D and halvor like this.
  14. mike_the_kraken

mike_the_kraken Señor member

I’m going to add a few balms just for completeness.

Soap Commander: unscented, or scent of your choice.
    Reef Point: unscented, or scent of your choice
    Cold river soap works: Limenthol (when available)

halvor likes this.
  15. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ Forum DOG!

Anything with a penguin on the bottle...

[​IMG]

halvor, Yehuda D, Rufusdog and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice