Best European shaving creams

Project2571

Expensives: Castle & Forbes and Truefitt ultimate comfort or No 10.
Not so expensives: New Omega in a tub, Arko ultimate comfort (might be comfort now?), Nivea regular (not sensitive)
Best value for money: Solo

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
I admit to being not much of a cream guy... Castle Forbes has been my "go to," for some time now. That said, I do think pretty highly of the newer Simpsons Ultra Glide creams..

I have smelled the aftershave balm at a L'Occitane store, and I love the scent of Cade. To me it is a nice summery scent that is reminds me of Haribo Coke bottle gummies.
Can I ask wer you bought the cade as I can't get it anywer or the after shave...
Many thanks
Sam...

R181

Grumpy old man
I admit to being not much of a cream guy... Castle Forbes has been my "go to," for some time now. That said, I do think pretty highly of the newer Simpsons Ultra Glide creams..
Yes, CF creams are very good but a tad expensive. For a Lavender shaving cream, I would say that Ach Brito Lavanda is as good as CF but less costly. The Ach Brito Lavanada EdC makes a nice aftershave.

Bob

Estariol

Forum GOD!
Not order specified, the ones easily acquired i tried and liked:
Palmira - made in Serbia with a century+ long tradition, not much of a smeller but what a performer! I wish there was a way you guys could try it...
Palmolive - everything was already said about this one - the quality is almost proverbial.
The Body Shop Maca Root - unfairly underrated, but overpriced, too.

And disliked:
Nivea blue (not sensitive) - caused stinging as soon as it touched my face
Denim - i don't know if it was batch specific or something else, but it was very thick, i almost couldn't squeeze it out of the tub and caused stinging after the first pass

Still to try:
Balea Sensitive from DM stores
Nivea Sensitive (white tub)

Harder to acquire but i'd like to try 'em, so i'll get 'em:
Barbon - Hungarian made
Figaro - Hungarian made
Speick - imma get the soap, too! :D:laugh:
Intesa - Italian made
Figaro Monsieur (it has oud in it's fragrance, so needs to be tried along with the splash) - Italian made