Best European shaving creams

D

Deleted member 1881

After 2 months of using it i'd say is much more than a "pre-shave" : it clean the face /moisturizing it / rising the hair .Personal wife used it as scrub till i caught her, she said is the best ( and she use some expensive horrible female stuff).
That sounds very nice. How would you compare this preshave with the one from the Bluebeards Revenge?

basileusss

Never used ,i googled it ,looks like the scrub particles are thrice the size ( on BR) ,and elemi/ginseng vs ginger root extract.
( also another thing ,mindblowing for my : it makes my skin visibly whiter ...go figure... - and no,i am not THAT dirty :D )

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Very ,very pleasantly surprised by Hawkins&Brimble ,bought 1 on a sale ( 70%) , came back the same day and bought all remaining 12 ( and 6 after and pre-shaves + 1 brush )
[/QUOTE]

Another vote here for the H&B eleni and ginseng cream and face scrub. The balm is very good too.

steve

R181

Grumpy old man
Very ,very pleasantly surprised by Hawkins&Brimble ,bought 1 on a sale ( 70%) , came back the same day and bought all remaining 12 ( and 6 after and pre-shaves + 1 brush )
Another vote here for the H&B eleni and ginseng cream and face scrub. The balm is very good too.

steve
[/QUOTE]

Just started using H&B Eleni & Ginseng. Initial impression was that it lathered easily, was slick enough and had a pleasant scent. Unfortunately it does not seem to have much residual slickness. For the sale price I bought it for at a retail store I could buy at another local retail store Maca Root & Aloe at regular non sale price and get almost twice as much product. I think the Maca Root & Aloe is as good as or better than the H&B for less money per oz. While there is not much wrong with the H&B, I doubt I will buy it again because of cost to performance when compared to Maca Root & Aloe.

Bob

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
The Executive Shaving creams are great, coming from someone who isn’t mad on creams. They lather up a treat with about an almond sized dollop, good slickness and cushion.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Not a massive cream fan ( although TOBS Royal Forest is nice ), BUT I do like to use what I have by adding a dob of cream into a soap lather with a drop of glycerine. Great use for Maca root , TOBS other scents and Blackbeards that I have lying about not unloved but under used . Better used to add to a 'bland' yet effective soap like MWF to give it some scented lift.

D

Deleted member 1881

Not a massive cream fan ( although TOBS Royal Forest is nice ), BUT I do like to use what I have by adding a dob of cream into a soap lather with a drop of glycerine. Great use for Maca root , TOBS other scents and Blackbeards that I have lying about not unloved but under used . Better used to add to a 'bland' yet effective soap like MWF to give it some scented lift.
I think if you use glycerin with Maca Root, you will be searching for the razor under the sink from the slickness.