Best aftershave splashes

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DamianJ, Mar 13, 2017.

1. DamianJ

DamianJ Forum GOD!

After a similar thread enquiring about the best 3 aftershave balms, it got me thinking about the best aftershave splashes.

I've only tried a few full bottles, Wickham 1912, Floid Black and the prototype P&B tonic and liked them all. I've tried a few samples as well but I only used balms when I first started so I'm a little behind the game on splashes.

Out of the ones I've tried I think I prefer the 1912. Nice scent and decent post shave soothing.

So over to you gentlemen, what do you think are the best splashes and why?

Matsilainen likes this.
  2. Rolatruck

Rolatruck Veteran

Old spice, lovely scent, Hai karate, nice and moisturising and cheap, mandate lovley scent from the 80s.

Rocky75, Nico1970 and DamianJ like this.
  3. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

Speick, smells fresh and leaves the skin feeling great.
    Pitralon (swiss) probably my favourite, excellent scent and performance.
    Proraso fresh and great on the skin, even though this is mentholated I find it quite rich/heavy so prefer to use it during winter.
    M&S Woodspice scent is lovely, performance is also good like with a Proraso very nourishing.

Rocky75, morr and DamianJ like this.
  4. DamianJ

DamianJ Forum GOD!

I'd seen the Pitralon available on several sites but hadn't really heard much about it. Thanks for the recommendations so far.

Nishy likes this.
  5. Floid Blue is my go to splash. Not as oily as the other Floids and is very light. None of the splashes seem to retain their scent for long I find.

DamianJ likes this.
  6. DamianJ

DamianJ Forum GOD!

Not too bothered about scent retention as long as it's s nice scent. I'm more interested in post shave performance really.

7. Rufusdog

Rufusdog Forum GOD!

My favourite splash is Harris Arlington. Great scent and it leaves my face feeling soothed and clean. I also like the TOBS range of splashes for their performance. Others that I like are Alt Innsbruck, Trumper Wellington, M&S Woodspice, British Sterling and Aqua Velva Ice Blue. I'm not fond of balms as they lack alcohol and don't leave my face feeling soothed or refreshed; in fact the balms I've tried leave my face feeling itchy and slightly irritated. Any splash I use must contain alcohol; a touch of menthol also is nice.

DamianJ and Tennessee Dave like this.
  8. Cheesepiece

Cheesepiece Gold Member No. 8

I'm enjoying my Pitralon very much. I think it will be on the to-buy list when it's empty.

DamianJ likes this.
  9. Excalibur

Excalibur Active Member

Love my aftershaves but for overall 'face conditioning' the one that leaves my face feeling the best is Jovan Musk. It does leave my skin slightly 'tacky' for the initial dry down, but give it about 30mins and my skin feels wonderful. Other honourable mentions go to Pitralon, Tuff, La Toja and as mentioned above M&S Woodspice.

MPF9 and DamianJ like this.
  10. Quique

Quique Forum GOD!

By far my favorite lotion is Brummel. Is a very cheap lotion in Spain, about 6 € per 250 ml.

INCI: Alcohol denat, aqua (water), allantoin, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, parfum (fragrance), menthol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate, citral, citronellol, coumarin, eugenol, evernia furfuracea extract, evernia prunastri extract, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, limonene, linalool, CI 17200 (red 33), CI 42090 (blue 1)

ff4689_6d155eeb17a341ff8ee378bbf3ff9f1f~mv2.jpg

DamianJ likes this.
  11. DamianJ

DamianJ Forum GOD!

Lots of praise for the Pitralon, added to the list to try at some point.

Has anyone tried OSP aftershave splashes?

12. BlacknTan

BlacknTan Forum GOD!

I must say that one of my favorites is good old Ice Blue Aqua Velva.
    But, I also like the older Proraso, and Spanish Floïd.

DamianJ likes this.
  13. halvor

halvor Esquire

Speak of the devil. I just bagged a bottle of Lucido Mandom aftershave from our friends in kimono, via ebay. No fragrance added, so it's alcohol and whatever medicinal scent from the ingredients. But it's supposed to be soothing and moisturising like no other.

[Water, alcohol, betaine, glycerin, peg-20mppg-6-decyltetradeceth-30, menthol, sodium lactate, lactic acid, cymen-5-ol, bht, disodium edta]

DamianJ likes this.
  14. pj3r

pj3r Forum GOD!

Spieck. You must love it!

BTW Here in Croatia we have AS called Ralon. It is made with old, original formula for Pitarlon. Did anyone try it?

Nishy likes this.
  15. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

This is excellent, even better than Spieck or Myrsol which are wonderful too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice