Benidorm

halvor

a most elusive fish
We'll this forum has had a roaring start after it was requested!

Here's one to get it going:

View from our balcony in Benidorm
“Seaview hotel. With a lovely view of the ocean... At a distance.”

Enjoy your jollies, Lee :p: Warmer than over here, although spring is in the air. 10 degrees and sun. I’ll hold my first ocean dip just another few weeks.

Reactions: Fox

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
20 degrees or thereabouts. Much warmer than the UK. Second time in Benidorm, twelve years since the last time. It's will be at least another 12 until we come back...

Fox

Forum GOD!
View from our balcony in Benidorm
Having never been here or seen photo's of the place I am very surprised at how built up it is for city outside of the capital. I guess that's what tourism can do to a place.

Have fun Lee.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Last night I watched an Alex Polizzi travel programme on Spain during which Benidorm was featured. I’d never heard of Benidorm before this thread although I’ve visited Spain several times; however, I’m not a beach-type person. What can I say; actually nothing since I haven’t visited the place.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Having never been here or seen photo's of the place I am very surprised at how built up it is for city outside of the capital. I guess that's what tourism can do to a place.

Have fun Lee.
It really depends on what you want from a holiday. If you like Blackpool, Scarborough etc you'll love Benidorm. It literally is Blackpool with Sun.

chris.hale

Forum DOG!
Staff member
It really depends on what you want from a holiday. If you like Blackpool, Scarborough etc you'll love Benidorm. It literally is Blackpool with Sun.
I didn’t want to say that in case it offended you, but it really is. I used to work for a holiday company and one of the things I used to like to do on my travels was to try new food. Struck out in Benidorm.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Never been, doesn’t appeal to me. Wouldn’t even go if it was free ! We tend to save up a couple of years and go to California. Yeah it costs and by time we have finished it’s a few grand. Mates at work spend £3k going to Turkey every year .

StraightEdge

Forum GOD!
There're better destinations in the spanish mediterranean coast, Benidorm being one of the worsts, it isn't a good sample of Spain, IMHO or YMMV