BBQ appreciation thread.

MPH

Forum GOD!
I love a BBQ and try to cook outside as often as I can. I thought it might be fun to share some pics of our BBQs to inspire us with other peoples recipes and ideas. (Or just to make me hungry!)

Yesterday's efforts were a spit roast pork joint. My version of a mini hog roast! Nom nom nom.

In the words of Delia .... "Come on let's be 'aving you"!!!! Let's see some pics! :)

rps20170618_113738.jpg

MPH

Forum GOD!
Well, I very rarely cook fish on a BBQ as I thought it takes too much cleaning up, but my wife convinced me to try some salmon.

To be honest it was nearly a blooming disaster, with the fish being too delicate to flip, and too much oil in the marinade creating a nice little fire at one point, but as thing tend to happen, it turned out very tasty!

rps20170624_204456.jpg

rps20170624_204530.jpg

Wayne

Forum Sod
Well, I very rarely cook fish on a BBQ as I thought it takes too much cleaning up, but my wife convinced me to try some salmon.

To be honest it was nearly a blooming disaster, with the fish being too delicate to flip, and too much oil in the marinade creating a nice little fire at one point, but as thing tend to happen, it turned out very tasty!

View attachment 13805
View attachment 13806
Try the fish in a foil parcel with some herbs, white wine and a lemon slice. No turning and easy to cook and it smells great when you open the foil parcel.

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Mackerel is probably my favourite fish to barbecue. Whole, it works well directly on the grill or even on top of a small branch of bay leaves. I've seen other people use 'fish baskets'. Whatever fish you use, I'd suggest a fierce heat and oil the fish. The other benefit of barbecuing whole is that it means you can stuff the cavity. A gentler fish - think fillets of plaice etc - would definitely prefer the foil technique as per @Wayne.

MPH

Forum GOD!
Ahhhh. I've had two BBQs since my last post and forgot to post pics! Lol.

Had home made burgers, ribs and pork slices last night!

The burger was butchers steak mince, with some fine chopped red onion and parsley from the garden. Pinch of salt and pepper and pressed into shape. I melted some blue cheese on the burger whilst still on BBQ, toasted the buns and served simply with sliced gerkins and tomatoes. Blooming lovely!!! :)

halvor

a most elusive fish
"Fish packs" underway here. In tin foil with greens, oo and white wine drizzle. I prefer @Burgundy's mackerel straight on the grill too (tying it up is my mo, plus oil on fish and grill) but the youngest family member prefer no visible frying marks of any sort :surrender: :cursing: "Eww, daddy, brown"

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Ahhhh. I've had two BBQs since my last post and forgot to post pics! Lol.

Had home made burgers, ribs and pork slices last night!

The burger was butchers steak mince, with some fine chopped red onion and parsley from the garden. Pinch of salt and pepper and pressed into shape. I melted some blue cheese on the burger whilst still on BBQ, toasted the buns and served simply with sliced gerkins and tomatoes. Blooming lovely!!! :)
Drool