BBQ appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Recreation, Hobbies & Interests' started by MPH, Jun 18, 2017.

1. MPH

MPH Forum GOD!

I love a BBQ and try to cook outside as often as I can. I thought it might be fun to share some pics of our BBQs to inspire us with other peoples recipes and ideas. (Or just to make me hungry!)

Yesterday's efforts were a spit roast pork joint. My version of a mini hog roast! Nom nom nom.

In the words of Delia .... "Come on let's be 'aving you"!!!! Let's see some pics! :)

rps20170618_113738.jpg

2. Looney12345

Looney12345 Forum GOD!

Today's effort

IMG_20170618_144216.jpg

Grishnak, captain_hx, Rowlers and 3 others like this.
  3. MPH

MPH Forum GOD!

Looney12345 likes this.
  4. Mrchick

Mrchick Handsome Avatar

From the smoker. IMG_1262.JPG

5. MPH

MPH Forum GOD!

Yum. I'd love a decent smoker. I've got a rubbish one, but I've never really got on with it and results haven't always been great. :-(

Mrchick likes this.
  6. I assume the layer of foil is there to stop any flames, but is it laid directly on the coals?

7. Looney12345

Looney12345 Forum GOD!

No no, there isn't a layer of foil on top of the coals.

Just had some leftovers cold for lunch, not quite the same but still tasty :D

8. MPH

MPH Forum GOD!

Well, I very rarely cook fish on a BBQ as I thought it takes too much cleaning up, but my wife convinced me to try some salmon.

To be honest it was nearly a blooming disaster, with the fish being too delicate to flip, and too much oil in the marinade creating a nice little fire at one point, but as thing tend to happen, it turned out very tasty!

rps20170624_204456.jpg
    rps20170624_204530.jpg

Nishy, Looney12345 and Mrchick like this.
  9. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

Try the fish in a foil parcel with some herbs, white wine and a lemon slice. No turning and easy to cook and it smells great when you open the foil parcel.

2hot 2trot, MPH and Nishy like this.
  10. Burgundy

Burgundy Forum GOD!

Mackerel is probably my favourite fish to barbecue. Whole, it works well directly on the grill or even on top of a small branch of bay leaves. I've seen other people use 'fish baskets'. Whatever fish you use, I'd suggest a fierce heat and oil the fish. The other benefit of barbecuing whole is that it means you can stuff the cavity. A gentler fish - think fillets of plaice etc - would definitely prefer the foil technique as per @Wayne.

Nishy, halvor and Wayne like this.
  11. Dipesh

Dipesh Forum GOD! Staff Member

Awesome thread!

Nishy likes this.
  12. MPH

MPH Forum GOD!

Ahhhh. I've had two BBQs since my last post and forgot to post pics! Lol.

Had home made burgers, ribs and pork slices last night!

The burger was butchers steak mince, with some fine chopped red onion and parsley from the garden. Pinch of salt and pepper and pressed into shape. I melted some blue cheese on the burger whilst still on BBQ, toasted the buns and served simply with sliced gerkins and tomatoes. Blooming lovely!!! :)

Wayne, Nishy and halvor like this.
  13. halvor

halvor Esquire

"Fish packs" underway here. In tin foil with greens, oo and white wine drizzle. I prefer @Burgundy's mackerel straight on the grill too (tying it up is my mo, plus oil on fish and grill) but the youngest family member prefer no visible frying marks of any sort :surrender: :cursing: "Eww, daddy, brown"

Wayne likes this.
  14. Mr_Smartepants

Mr_Smartepants Genius Member

Nishy likes this.
  15. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

Drool

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice