Bath Soap Recommendations?

LeeBot

Forum GOD!
I've recently bought some rather nice Saponifico Varesino 70th Anniv. bath soap and feel like this could be another rabbit hole to fall down so what do people on here like?

I know there's a shower gel thread but I felt a solid soap thread was justified - If not, could the mods please shift this into there.

Redd

A Right Member
Floris do some nice ones:)

Always worth checking out TK Maxx, they get some right random stuff in there including SV products (not their shaving stuff though that I've seen).

Gordy

Legendary Member
Another vote for SV products in TK Maxx. Check out the SV website and it will also show you other soaps they make for other companies, and marketed by TK Maxx. We use all their soaps in the house, excellent products.

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Mysore Sandal soap is my usual bath soap. I love it in the evening - a proper Mysore sandalwood scent that lasts on the skin until bedtime!

Redd

A Right Member
I've just bought 10 bars of this from eBay. Looking forward to using it.
I bought a few bars of this years ago, to use for washing prior to using ToBS Sandalwood soap for a shave. The power of the Mysore just kicked the absolute arse out of any scent from the ToBS. I also like the was it pervades the bathroom and the drawer where I keep my stash. Strong stuff.

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
"Lano" is a budget lanolin soap that I love, but if you can shell out for it, then the MWF bath soap is excellent.

dowsing

Forum GOD!
Mysore Sandal is a good shout, very potent stuff and you can sometimes pick it up reasonably at Indian supermarkets. If you have any Indian supermarkets near you they are well worth checking out, I've had some really great ones at a good price or for nostalgia they often have the original scented Lifebuoy.
My personal favourite is Grandpa's Pine tar soap, it's also pretty good to wash your hair or beard in too. I also really like the black Magno soap from La Toja, Scottish Fine soaps are good and Nanny's Silly Soaps do great bath soaps too. If you are a bit of an Arko fan the Duru soaps are a nice match (and no, not too much toilet cleaner smell :happy:).

Gordy

Legendary Member
Scottish Fine Soaps do an Oatmeal & Honey soap which is a very good for exfoliation but the soap component is excellent. It's very creamy and moisturising.