Bath Soap Recommendations?

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I do like the MWF range of soap, and have passed some on to friends with skin problems and they like it a lot.
In the Shower I have been using some Spanish Soaps e.g. Heno de Pravia ,and today started a bar of La Toja. Very easy to produce rich creamy lather.
Speick UK show lots of soaps, I have tried the Melos range very nice too.

79120174-E60C-45DE-AC56-970E13642BDE.jpeg

p.b

Forum GOD!
I was disappointed that the MWF bath soap doesn't smell exactly like the shaving soap. Nice enough but not as good (scent-wise)

Dodgy vu

Forum GOD!
Hiya,

Sheeesh, bath soap......shaving crap collateral damage in my case. Actually, the slide started years ago with that whole EdT/frags thing and this kinda soap is a side effect. I am talking about soaps scented with favorite frags, made by the original companies. Hah, I am tempted to see what's up with many soap flavors, knowing this is my best bet for an authentic scent. Still, it's a blind buy...a leap of faith.

Here's a couple things:

Attachments

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I use to love using Valobra Glicerlanolina 150g, you could break it in half and it made a good travel soap. Sadly no longer available, been try for ages now. Connaught use to sell it but they haven’t got any now.

R181

Grumpy old man
I like using this Scottish Fine Soaps bath bar.

They also make a smaller size.

Bob

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
T.K.Maxx online doesn't seem to list any decent hard soaps any more - all liquid in dispensers and no SV.

For next time I'll be looking on eBay for handmade Turkish soaps. Have my eye on this

Last edited:

Pattorashu

Senior Moment
At the risk of it being sold out when I need to restock, I found this at our local discount grocers for $2.50 US.

Triple milled, made in Australia, great scent (they had the lavender, gardenia, oat, orange, and ocean ones that smelled good, but the lavender the best)

I don't shower every day, but about 2-3 days between depending on activity, and the bar has made it about a month. I might order a large pack.

Also for you environment fans it was being sold in the store with nothing but a sticker on it.

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
You should try Aleppo Soap. Just four ingredients: Olive oil, water, sodium hydroxide (lye), laurel berry oil. Aged for nine months and really hard, big 200g bars that last for an age. Clean very well indeed yet never harsh plus the bay laurel berry oil is antiseptic. Head to toe use works for me.

D

Deleted member 1881

Damn, that is royal. Scent power? 6 hours after washing. Price? Almost 6 euros.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
578036FE-918E-48AD-A5E9-802EC675DF28.jpeg

52E782CC-1AA0-465B-B146-85B2B6BD527C.jpeg

I can recommend our very own Wayne’s home made soap. He kindly sent me these two. Used the Blue Fresh Linen today. Lathers up a treat and smells great.