Attar عطار

pjgh

Forum GOD!
My Royal Fougere from abu-al-hifs has just arrived and I love it! It's very much in the vein of western Fougere and it's right up my street! All the right florals from lavender to geranium to clary sage, just a hint of rose (more a fixative, I think), strong balls in the animalics rounded out by the sweet tonka and then there's just a hint of something eastern. Proper patchouli. Think Givenchy Gentleman crossed with Aramis Aramis and a touch of Balenciaga Portos for the cat spray.

Gorgeous!

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
My Royal Fougere from abu-al-hifs has just arrived and I love it! It's very much in the vein of western Fougere and it's right up my street! All the right florals from lavender to geranium to clary sage, just a hint of rose (more a fixative, I think), strong balls in the animalics rounded out by the sweet tonka and then there's just a hint of something eastern. Proper patchouli. Think Givenchy Gentleman crossed with Aramis Aramis and a touch of Balenciaga Portos for the cat spray.

Gorgeous!
Lol cat spray. How do you get on with that smell?

pjgh

Forum GOD!
Lol cat spray. How do you get on with that smell?
It is the very staple of every '80s powerhouse frag. Cat spray, lavender, geranium and patchouli. Some more so than others - one which really stands out to my nose and absolutely puts me in mind of my fragrant old cat is Balenciaga Portos. Apt, as his name was Porthos. Think Aramis, but as Porthos. Bigger and more so ...

Mrs is very sensitive to the horse poo in Puig Quorum or Ralph Lauren Polo. I do get that scent, but I don't find it off-putting. No, I'm perfectly happy with animalics. It's all about the blend.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
It is the very staple of every '80s powerhouse frag. Cat spray, lavender, geranium and patchouli. Some more so than others - one which really stands out to my nose and absolutely puts me in mind of my fragrant old cat is Balenciaga Portos. Apt, as his name was Porthos. Think Aramis, but as Porthos. Bigger and more so ...

Mrs is very sensitive to the horse poo in Puig Quorum or Ralph Lauren Polo. I do get that scent, but I don't find it off-putting. No, I'm perfectly happy with animalics. It's all about the blend.
See this is interesting as I don't get the sweat or poo from Puig Quorum or Ralph Lauren Polo. However its like Dior Leather Oud scarred my olfactory lol. The scent of that civet has lodged in my nasal passage and is squatting lol. Now when I smell Dior Oud Ispahan I get the barn yard like a slap. And Dior Oud Ispahan was one of my fav oud roses. Lol

Randomangle

Über Bum
I think I will begin delving into this subject as I am disillusioned by the standard fare on offer at my local smellies emporium. I will be buying Nemat 96 Majmua from India and the seller is offering a free bottle when two are purchased ... any suggestions from the Nemat range?

I want to start simply before I get heavily addicted to oiling myself up. :roflmao:

pjgh

Forum GOD!
I think I will begin delving into this subject as I am disillusioned by the standard fare on offer at my local smellies emporium. I will be buying Nemat 96 Majmua from India and the seller is offering a free bottle when two are purchased ... any suggestions from the Nemat range?

I want to start simply before I get heavily addicted to oiling myself up. :roflmao:
Darbar! It's chuffing lovely!

What I will say is the first sniff will be very strange - these oils are nothing like anything you will have smelled before.

Jump in! Have fun :D

Randomangle

Über Bum
Darbar! It's chuffing lovely!

What I will say is the first sniff will be very strange - these oils are nothing like anything you will have smelled before.

Jump in! Have fun :D
Thanks Paul, I will be prodding the order buttons tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Randomangle

Über Bum
Well I have begun. I ordered Nemat 96 versions of Majmua, Darbar and Jannatul Firdaus. I have tried some of these attars a couple of years ago and found that I'm not keen on the real skanky heavy artillery offerings, so I suppose I will have to read this whole thread again for more pointers. :D

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Still ordering the attars from Perfume Parlour, collection has grown to about 50! Found some crackers of recent. Firstly Gucci Intense Oud, superb! Also been enjoying the Tom Ford replicas in particular Venetian Bergamont, London and Italian Cypress.

Randomangle

Über Bum
I bypassed the TF counter yesterday as the SA is too hypnotic and I always nearly spend money. I may well have to try some of these replicas.

My order from India arrived yesterday of the Majmua, etc. The week bodes to be good for my nose as I also got some samples from Les Senteurs.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
If you take to the very heady Firdous, Al Haramain make a nice one - their Firdous and Naeem both work well as Aromatic Fougere or Chypre alternatives.
I have Janaat Al Firdous which is an excellent composition. Love the green floral notes it portrays.

Randomangle

Über Bum
I will take it all on board. My major problem is that I like most notes and a fragrance has to be a real monster for me not to like it.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
My wife grabbed a 6ml bottle of an attar from the Al Haramain Store in London and i'm in love lol. Its called "Midnight Oudh Intense" its blooming amazing. Amber, oud, saffron, rose, musk with a beautiful dry down thats like honey and osiris root. Those are the notes I get but as I wasn't there when the Mrs brought it I don't know much about it. I'm not able to find it anywhere on the web but its almost a dead ringer for the scent of Panna Cream Nuavia Rossa. Anyone heard of it? I've messaged Al Haramain to get some info