ATG SHAVEMAC 2017 LE *completed*

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Very interesting Gents

Sorry to ask, I'm sure it's already written somewhere but can you tell us what are the specs of the different brushes?
I measured each brush before use, but only using a ruler, not calipers. Unfortunately, I had already boxed up the brushes to return to Avnish before seeing your post and have now posted them back. These measurements below are from memory and the diameter of each is at the opening of the handle.

Jade Unique Fan..............................27x50 (ordered as 26mm)
Blue Unique Bulb.............................27x52 (ordered as 26mm)
Flat Top D01 2-Band........................26x45
SV Paragon?...................................32x50
Snakewood D01 2-band(Bulb)........24x48

I hope this helps.

YomD

Forum GOD!
Much appreciated
Thank you
:okay:

It's very interesting to read your opinions on the same brushes.

I was sure the 5) was smaller but the Bulb made me wonder. It's pretty opened and just waiting beautifully to be enjoyed. That's a very nice brush with this Snakewood handle.

I have one similar brush in d01-2band but in Fan, also in 24x48 and it's just excellent.

After receiving ATG LE in Unique bulb, and testing it a few times, it's definitely a luxurious brush as Avnish said. Amazingly soft but with low backbone for a big 28mm knot like this, IMO. I like it for variety but need more backbone.

I've asked to Bernd a Unique bulb knot in 24x50 installed deeper in the handle, as recommended by him. It's supposed to give more backbone and density feeling.
Waiting for delivery

I've been highly interested by Shavemac lately thanks to ATG and @Nishy and Bernd is just wonderful to deal with

Count me in for the next group buy :p:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I measured each brush before use, but only using a ruler, not calipers. Unfortunately, I had already boxed up the brushes to return to Avnish before seeing your post and have now posted them back. These measurements below are from memory and the diameter of each is at the opening of the handle.

Jade Unique Fan..............................27x50 (ordered as 26mm)
Blue Unique Bulb.............................27x52 (ordered as 26mm)
Flat Top D01 2-Band........................26x45
SV Paragon?...................................32x50
Snakewood D01 2-band(Bulb)........24x48

I hope this helps.
Thank you @Optometrist

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Much appreciated
Thank you

I was sure the 5) was smaller but the Bulb made me wonder. It's pretty opened and just waiting beautifully to be enjoyed. That's a very nice brush with this Snakewood handle.

I have one similar brush in d01-2band but in Fan, also in 24x48 and it's just excellent.

After receiving ATG LE in Unique bulb, and testing it a few times, it's definitely a luxurious brush as Avnish said. Amazingly soft but with low backbone for a big 28mm knot like this, IMO. I like it for variety but need more backbone.

I've asked to Bernd a Unique bulb knot in 24x50 installed deeper in the handle, as recommended by him. It's supposed to give more backbone and density feeling.
Waiting for delivery

I've been highly interested by Shavemac lately thanks to ATG and @Nishy and Bernd is just wonderful to deal with

Sounds good my friend let me.know how you find the new Unique knot, I have some set at 50 but with a width of 26mm. Not bad offerings.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Much appreciated
Thank you

Waiting for delivery

A 24x48 Fan sounds great. I would normally never go as small as a 24mm diameter knot, however, Avnish told me that the Snakewood was limited to this maximum diameter. As a fan knot, the facial coverage is increased.

Lack of backbone, compared to my Simpson Chubby Manchurians, is why I have sold all of the 2-Band Silvertips I have tried, even in large diameter, low set lofts. I have tried various knot size combinations and none has satisfied me. There's no comparison. D01 2-Band is the closest to my liking.
Like yourself, even the Unique in Bulb form is below my day to day requirements, however, one totally different brush will fit in nicely.
I was just wondering (and I'll need to ask Bernd) whether it would be possible to make a more dense unique knot. That, and a low loft could help bolster backbone. Just a thought.

Belfont

Forum GOD!
A 24x48 Fan sounds great. I would normally never go as small as a 24mm diameter knot, however, Avnish told me that the Snakewood was limited to this maximum diameter. As a fan knot, the facial coverage is increased.
an L. E. in 24 mm would be a very good idea IMO
... and I haven't tried the DO1 yet :D
about my 26 mm unique L. E. 2017, the more I use it, the more I love it.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Thanks David.

I could have had it delivered to my forwarding agent in Germany but I didn't want to pay VAT twice, so rather chose a more circular route. I have, as most of us do, an abhorrence of paying money to the taxman! :D
Once is bad enough, Tony, but twice would be ridiculous. Not long now.