Pass Around Asylum Evolution - Finished

Slant_Fan

Über Member
Not sure I get your drift.
I bought one recently, a mini review is on here somewhere as is Db's full review
Thanks for that. I can post a my review in that thread. I probably saw it but didn't note that it was on this forum. I frequent a few shaving forums. I just got mine a few days ago and have shaved with it once. I personally like the razor, and I'm glad I went for it.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
@sɐǝɹpu∀ - I'm in the USA and I have one of these Asylum Evos that I bought lightly used. After the pass around has been ongoing and reviews have been made, is it acceptable for members who are not a part of the pass around to express their views on the razor ?
Sure. Post your thoughts here or in any other thread covering the razor or start a new one if you must.
The more opinions, the merrier.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
First Shave:
NSS Ice & Slice
B400 Tuxedo
Asylum Evolution
Nacet [1]
Lucido AS +++ Menthol
Black Tie by Washington Tremlett EdT
BBA PS

Before I start, I HATE the look of the Darwin, Hideous... So it follows that I am not entirely keen on the Evo'...
First impression, Wow it is SMALL! The handle looks tiny and it IS. I can understand why some don't like the razor because of this. The machining and finish, well it has already been said, it really is not good enough for the money IMO. Also there is "blade waggle", in the same vain as the FaTip, I noticed during the shave that one side seemed to be removing more stubble, so I investigated and yeah, loosen, the handle a touch and you can move the blade side to side. Hmmm...
Onto the shave, another wow moment. What a fantastic shaver!
The small handle is superbly ergonomic, fabulous grip, it fits my hands perfectly, but again it is small....
It is NOT aggressive in terms of blade feel. It is efficient, very efficient, though. The head is nice and slim, very manoeuvrable and get under my snout with ease.
I am sorry to say but I love it already! I can see me looking out for one of these. But @ $180??? I'm not so sure.
For a first shave I am mighty impressed.

Oh, and the Black Tie EdT [sample] is lovely, until I checked the price!:eek:

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Can I be put to the end of the queue for this. Too many razors at the moment, personal ones and a couple on the pass around, the brass General and the Rockwell 6C coming next.

Nice shave report @Rowlers
Of course...
  1. Rowlers (ATG)
  2. missingskin (ATG)
  3. chris.hale (ATG)
  4. p.b (ATG)
  5. Blademonkey (TSR)
  6. Looney12345 (ATG/TSR)
The list is open.
Legend: Completed, Currently with, Waiting

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
Yes Please, if this pass around is still available.
I am loving the look of this :)... and thank you sincerely for the opportunity.

Wayne

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Wayne, Simon - you're in.
  1. Rowlers (ATG)
  2. missingskin (ATG)
  3. chris.hale (ATG)
  4. p.b (ATG)
  5. Blademonkey (TSR)
  6. Looney12345 (ATG/TSR)
  7. 2hot 2trot (ATG)
  8. wintoid (ATG)