Ariana & Evans new vendor

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Definitely want to try and get a tub of Asian Pear although I suspect it'll probably sell out as soon as it goes on the site. It's nice that Slickboys are selling A&E and B&M in the UK, usually have to wait for Maggards shipping discount.
You mention waiting for a shipping discount from Maggard Razors, but I bet you could get it cheaper from Maggard Razors than from Slickboys. The "Economy International" shipping option from Maggard Razors is very cheap and has limited tracking.

To give a comparison:

Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool soap:
- $17.99 (Maggard Razors) + $6.50 (shipping) = $24.49 = roughly £18.55
- £18.95 (Slickboys) + ??? (shipping) = already more than buying it from Maggards

And I believe shipping costs for some A&E soaps are lower ($6.04).

D

Deleted member 1881

You mention waiting for a shipping discount from Maggard Razors, but I bet you could get it cheaper from Maggard Razors than from Slickboys. The "Economy International" shipping option from Maggard Razors is very cheap and has limited tracking.

To give a comparison:

Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool soap:
- $17.99 (Maggard Razors) + $6.50 (shipping) = $24.49 = roughly £18.55
- £18.95 (Slickboys) + ??? (shipping) = already more than buying it from Maggards

And I believe shipping costs for some A&E soaps are lower ($6.04).
He is Cobrestigator, you should listen to him.

p.b

Forum GOD!
For Brits it's important that Slickboys stocking B&M is a success so that they re-stock and we have a regular supply of B&M ASL. If it's slightly more expensive to buy from Slickboys so be it becasue if a few £/€/$ makes the difference then I'd be buying a Palmolive stick.

CobraX

Forum GOD!
For Brits it's important that Slickboys stocking B&M is a success so that they re-stock and we have a regular supply of B&M ASL. If it's slightly more expensive to buy from Slickboys so be it becasue if a few £/€/$ makes the difference then I'd be buying a Palmolive stick.
The aftershaves will always be a success because you can't get them from Maggard Razors. But that doesn't mean you also have to buy the soap at a higher price. To each their own of course, but I don't like paying more than I have to. I don't have a donkey that shits money.

I'm still disappointed we can't just order alcohol-based aftershaves from Maggard Razors. Best example is Barrister and Mann Terrorade. You can get it for $8.99 + shipping from Maggard Razors and I ordered it from Slickboys for £13.95 (roughly $18.42) + £5 untracked shipping. As you can see the product is more than twice as expensive which feels like I'm getting ripped off.

D

Deleted member 1881

The aftershaves will always be a success because you can't get them from Maggard Razors. But that doesn't mean you also have to buy the soap at a higher price. To each their own of course, but I don't like paying more than I have to. I don't have a donkey that shits money.

I'm still disappointed we can't just order alcohol-based aftershaves from Maggard Razors. Best example is Barrister and Mann Terrorade. You can get it for $8.99 + shipping from Maggard Razors and I ordered it from Slickboys for £13.95 (roughly $18.42) + £5 untracked shipping. As you can see the product is more than twice as expensive which feels like I'm getting ripped off.
The price difference is a lot of money Cobra.

If you can find this Donkey send me one. I need it too. I will appreciate it.

pimple8

Forum GOD!
Well, slickboys had to get it to europe somehow, so they paid the cost of getting alcohol to uk. Think of it like that, if it was possible for maggard to ship it to europe, it would also cost money.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!

But you’re not being ripped off, those prices account for their import costs as well. If we only support American businesses and not our own we soon won’t have many.

CobraX

Forum GOD!
But you’re not being ripped off, those prices account for their import costs as well. If we only support American businesses and not our own we soon won’t have many.
That they're going to be a bit more expensive is something I get, but slightly more than twice the product price? Sorry, but from a customer's point of view I find that being ripped off.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
That they're going to be a bit more expensive is something I get, but slightly more than twice the product price? Sorry, but from a customer's point of view I find that being ripped off.
Right but there’s also accounting for exchange rates. It’s not as black and white as we might believe. Where do companies like Slickboys make their costs if they sell imported soaps at the same price as Maggards? Consumer choice is of course important and thankfully we have it.

D

Deleted member 1881

Is it worth to pay something twice just to bring it to your country?

That depends. I wouldn't do it personally except if it was a very rare product.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Is it worth to pay something twice just to bring it to your country?

That depends. I wouldn't do it personally except if it was a very rare product.
That depends on how much you value it I suppose.

Ask the whole world why do they buy products in their own country which are 20x more expensive than in China where it's made.
It's the same.

Yeah, I mean it costs Apple a quarter of what it costs to buy an iPhone to actually make it. Marking up prices is a longtime practice. In the case of importing splashes etc they’re including markup costs in there. Personally I’d rather support that and loose a few quid to keep a good business alive than always chase the cheapest thing. That’s how we end up with sites like Shave Lounge shutting down.

p.b

Forum GOD!
For those outside of the UK there's no benefit to Slickboys stocking B&M - it's simple maths and I would also buy from Maggards instead. And admittedly the Terrorade pricing looks like piracy: maybe they've become greedy but maybe they've had a special delivery and the cost of that has been amortised into the pricing. It will be interesting to watch prices over the next few weeks or months.

However, for us Brits who want to buy able to buy the ASL (Reserve is best on the markets in my opinion) it's a case of use it or lose it. Importing from the US must be aggro so we need to make it worth their while. Plus paying £23 for a soap instead of £18 is a pretty insignificant sum of money given the amount I've already invested / pissed-up the wall on this hobby already.

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Ask the whole world why do they buy products in their own country which are 20x more expensive than in China where it's made.
It's the same.
Not totally the same though. I wouldn't know where to buy my products that mention "made in China" on the box. But I sure know where in America I can buy my American artisan soaps. I can even give you multiple stores.