Ariana & Evans new vendor

CobraX

Forum GOD!
I just received Asian Pear soap and splash direct from A&E ... arrived no problem
He may be using another shipping courier or he's just doing something illegal and is willing to take the risk. But it's good to know it's possible to order splashes directly from him. Are the shipping costs reasonable and does he ship "customs friendly"?

Last edited:

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
He may be using another shipping courier or he's just doing something illegal and is willing to take the risk. But it's good to know it's possible to order splashes direct from him. Are the shipping costs reasonable and does he ship "customs friendly"?
Customs friendly yes, shipping costs aren’t great but not the worst.

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Customs friendly yes, shipping costs aren’t great but not the worst.
I guess I've got to figure out which option is the cheapest then.

Scenario 1: ordering one soap and the matching aftershave splash:
- Option 1: ordering the soap from Maggard Razors and the matching aftershave splash from A&E USA
- Option 2: ordering both the soap and the matching aftershave splash from A&E USA
- Option 3: ordering the soap from Maggard Razors and the matching aftershave splash from Slickboys UK (shipping costs for me: either £5 or £9)
- Option 4: ordering both the soap and the matching aftershave splash from Slickboys UK (shipping costs for me: either £5 or £9)

Scenario 2: ordering one aftershave splash
- Option 1: ordering the aftershave splash from A&E USA
- Option 2: ordering the aftershave splash from Slickboys UK (shipping costs for me: either £5 or £9)

I have a feeling the cheapest option for scenario 1 is going to be option 2 and for scenario 2 it's going to be option 1.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I guess I've got to figure out which option is the cheapest then.

Scenario 1: ordering one soap and the matching aftershave splash:
- Option 1: ordering the soap from Maggard Razors and the matching aftershave splash from A&E USA
- Option 2: ordering both the soap and the matching aftershave splash from A&E USA
- Option 3: ordering the soap from Maggard Razors and the matching aftershave splash from Slickboys UK (shipping costs for me: either £5 or £9)
- Option 4: ordering both the soap and the matching aftershave splash from Slickboys UK (shipping costs for me: either £5 or £9)

Scenario 2: ordering one aftershave splash
- Option 1: ordering the aftershave splash from A&E USA
- Option 2: ordering the aftershave splash from Slickboys UK (shipping costs for me: either £5 or £9)

I have a feeling the cheapest option for scenario 1 is going to be option 2 and for scenario 2 it's going to be option 1.
I think you’ll find it easier to do it via Slickboys to be honest, though I’m not sure when they’re getting the stock in.

CobraX

Forum GOD!
I think you’ll find it easier to do it via Slickboys to be honest, though I’m not sure when they’re getting the stock in.
I'm mainly interested in saving money though. I did a quick comparison. Right now Slickboys UK only has the BaM Bay Rum aftershave splash in stock. It costs £19.95. Maggard Razors sells the same splash for $17.99. Now, according to xe.com £19.95 equals $26.1689. That's more than $8 difference and that's even without comparing the shipping costs. Maggard Razors uses the same product prices as the artisans. If the A&E USA shipping costs aren't too expensive, it might be cheaper to get my A&E splashes from there instead of Slickboys UK.

The Gentleman

Forum GOD!
If you really like A&E/The Club soaps and aftershaves (like I do) I think the best option is to be a member of The Club (about $12 for 6 month). That gives you 20% discount on everything. My last order of two sets (Asian Pear and Black) was $82.53, including shipping, to Sweden. And Peter sends his aftershaves containing alcohol over the pond and he puts a low value on the package.

D

Deleted member 1881

Breaking the law in some countries is considered quite serious. You're asking him to risk severe fines for a $15 bottle of splash with a few $ of profit?
He could send it by sea. No risking and no law breaking.

Slick boys maybe another solution but from there it is even more expensive.

Navitimer

Forum GOD!
If you really like A&E/The Club soaps and aftershaves (like I do) I think the best option is to be a member of The Club (about $12 for 6 month). That gives you 20% discount on everything. My last order of two sets (Asian Pear and Black) was $82.53, including shipping, to Sweden. And Peter sends his aftershaves containing alcohol over the pond and he puts a low value on the package.
So either he has a license to ship alcohol (like Italianbarber does) or he's cheating the system. :happy:

D

Deleted member 1881

Thank you good choice this.

Nisse

Old geezer
I think I have read that a company may use for example FedEx for sending perfume containing alcohol but it will not come cheap due to handling being more complex.