Anything in the pipeline for 2019

Dr Watson

James
He's obviously not desperate for the work, it's a common tactic in the building industry... If you don't want the job just put in a stupidly high quote so if the client is daft enough have to do it you'll get a bloody good pay out from it :happy:

Wayne

Forum Sod
Some peoples pockets are deeper than others. Some drive a Ford Ka others a Bentley. If you can afford it and you want a bespoke product then someone will always offer something for you to spend your money on. For me it isn't worth the price. I have a few bespoke handles made for me and to my spec. They cost £50 each. A Grand is flipping expensive but someone will buy one.

morr

Forum GOD!
To be fair, I think the reason for this Declaration offering is because people kept asking for a custom option, one for which Scott probably doesn't have time or financial interest to do.

Declaration brushes are at the peak of their popularity and certain ones have reached Wolfman level prices on eBay. If people are willing to spend that kind of money, I see nothing wrong that it goes to the artisan himself instead of resellers.

OT I'd much more be interested in a unique quality knot than a handle, so, although beautiful, Cadman is a pass for me.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Going to stick my neck out to be flamed but for some time he’s been in Shavemac territory price wise, you can make your own minds up as to whether the knots are any kind of equal
My thoughts too... Although he does make his own resins and they are hand turned, AFAIK... Still like you say, they used to be about £50-£80 IIRC, they are now pushing £200. I do not think we would get membership buy in at those prices...

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
Going to stick my neck out to be flamed but for some time he’s been in Shavemac territory price wise, you can make your own minds up as to whether the knots are any kind of equal
Mervyn's prices increased a few years ago to Shavemac territory. He does offer both synthetic and badger. Users including myself seem to like his brushed. Cadman is worth an email to determine interest.