Anyone tried not using shampoo?

Rusty Blade

Forum GOD!
Some call it "no-poo". I have been reading up on this lately and I am giving this a whirl...I was finding my hair and scalp terribly dry from shampoos. Even after a couple of days I can feel a difference. My hair feels more full. I wash my hair just with the water while I shower and I use fingertips or a plastic brush to massage my scalp.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I like to use Mystic Waters shampoo bar, no SLS or nasty additives. It does contain Argan and or Jojoba oils. Leaves my scalp feeling refreshed and not dry.

Some call it "no-poo". I have been reading up on this lately and I am giving this a whirl...I was finding my hair and scalp terribly dry from shampoos. Even after a couple of days I can feel a difference. My hair feels more full. I wash my hair just with the water while I shower and I use fingertips or a plastic brush to massage my scalp.
Two things will help with dry scalp and they work 100%.

1-Drink more water.
2-Massage a tiny drop of sweet almond oil into the scalp after showering.

A lot of customers have a dry scalp problem and it is more apparent at this time of year with central heating drying the air in the home and in the workplace.

I have been shaving my head about once a week so rarely need to shampoo..but I do moisturize my head with oil if it get's too dry..plus I shower cold and this helps dry skin.

Rusty Blade

Forum GOD!
In the past I have washed my hair with MWF bar soap and it was wonderful. If the no-poo thing doesn't work out I am going to switch to MWF bar soap.

Unless i've been doing a dirty job I haven't used shampoo on my hair since the late eighties, I've had various amounts of dreads but just have a slightly balding, all short do at the mo. No dry scalp, no smell just a rinse under the shower and good to go.

Rusty Blade

Forum GOD!
Apparently...so they say...hair conditioner can also be used to clean your hair instead of shampoo. It has some cleaning properties, and it doesn't strip it of all the natural oils and it smells better as well. I may give this a try.

pjgh

Forum GOD!
I've not used shampoo for years. I do still have hair and being the age I am, I do have a thin patch on top ... but being tall, not many know about it.

Have you considered hair tonic?

Rusty Blade

Forum GOD!
I tried the conditioner as a hair wash and it does have mild (very mild) cleaning properties and it left my hair feeling great. No more poo for me!

LeeBot

Forum GOD!
I've never had issues with a dry scalp but I only shampoo once a week and then only with a small amount.

Eeyore

Forum GOD!
I use olive soap for everything. Apart from shaving.

--
Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.