Any handling experts ?

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I have a Peugeot 308cc 2.0L, it’s a GT so pretty well spec’d. Nice runner for me, great having the roof down nice leather interior. The only thing that bugs me is it’s a lot unforgiving on bumps, the slightest bumps you can feel. It runs on the original 18” factory supplied wheels, all with very low profile tyres. So I’ve been searching for solutions but come to a halt.

The most obvious solution would be to go to smaller alloy wheels and bigger profile tyres, equalling up so as not to knock the speedo off. BUT apparently it’s a no go as the callipers on this model are bigger meaning you can’t get a smaller wheel on. All to do with the extra weight of the convertible mech and extra strengthening.

So anyone any ideas ? Would there be. Suspension upgrade worth considering? At the moment as small pot hole causes the dash cam to alert, think8ng I’ve had an accident !

p.b

Forum GOD!
The problem you have is that all after-market mods I know of are designed to improve handling / lower the ride and are the opposite of what you're looking for. Roofless vehicles are inherently less structurally stiff which means instead of the suspension taking all the movement of an impact some of it is taken in the flex of the body. So the bumps feel worse because the body is shaking more.

There MIGHT be a mod to fit longer, softer springs but I suspect not. The easiest change would be to lower the tyres pressures to the lowest limit they are allowed to (I often go 0.2bar lower than specc'ed) and maybe fit a tyre that has a softer side wall. Years ago (before lease cars) I found Toyo TR1 good for ride.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
The problem you have is that all after-market mods I know of are designed to improve handling / lower the ride and are the opposite of what you're looking for. Roofless vehicles are inherently less structurally stiff which means instead of the suspension taking all the movement of an impact some of it is taken in the flex of the body. So the bumps feel worse because the body is shaking more.

There MIGHT be a mod to fit longer, softer springs but I suspect not. The easiest change would be to lower the tyres pressures to the lowest limit they are allowed to (I often go 0.2bar lower than specc'ed) and maybe fit a tyre that has a softer side wall. Years ago (before lease cars) I found Toyo TR1 good for ride.
Exactly on the lower / improving suspension. Not sure how the tyre pressure monitoring system would like lowering the pressures. May be a softer side wall. It’s currently on Avon ZZ5’s if I remember right.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Usually you can reset the 'Zero' and the system detects changes from that point.
Indeed, that was the same for the Yaris, A3, Yeti and the new Octavia we have had. Sadly on the Pug it’s a different system. Wireless valves which are pre set ! Pain in the backside.