Another soap thread…

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I have at the moment on my shelf, Stirling ( Which you don't like) A&E and B&M. I have Tabac and MdC too. They are out so that leaves A&E and B&M both which I can enthusiastically recommend. Speik is great I have the stick. Haslinger is a terrific slick soap if you haven't tried it Rob.
I would like to try the latest bases from A&E and B&M.

I tried A&E a while back and wasn't impressed at all but I believe this was one of their first releases.

I've never really gotten along with anything from B&M, especially the Reserve base. I will give them another go on the future.

Never tried Haslinger. I get get a free puck once but I have it away as I couldn't stand the smell.

Boru62

Shaving Boar
You sent me a sample Kevin and kit is a brilliant soap base...but there wasn't any scents which appealed to me. It's been a while since I checked them out so please forgive me if they have added a load of new scents. Again maybe going unscented is an option in the future?
Their scents are an issue Rob and like you I haven't had a look recently.
I think I'm going to shun all the artisans and rely on the Palmolive stick.
D'OH!

Wayne

Forum Sod
I no longer chase soaps, I'm over it. I only own 18 soaps now. I will have to be really bored to buy more. That is a lot of soap to actually get through. Years and years worth. Thing is it is cheap and does help keep the enthusiasm for the hobby ticking along.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I have at the moment on my shelf, Stirling ( Which you don't like) A&E and B&M. I have Tabac and MdC too. They are out so that leaves A&E and B&M both which I can enthusiastically recommend. Speik is great I have the stick. Haslinger is a terrific slick soap if you haven't tried it Rob.
I forgot about Haslinger and Speick, as you say super soaps.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I no longer chase soaps, I'm over it. I only own 18 soaps now. I will have to be really bored to buy more. That is a lot of soap to actually get through. Years and years worth. Thing is it is cheap and does help keep the enthusiasm for the hobby ticking along.
I've only bought a couple of soaps this year. Nothing has really appealed to me, hence the thread.

Just had a quick count, 24 soaps and 6 creams and most I still use.

Thanks for all the replies and recommendations. I know I'm not the easiest to please. :banghead: :facepalm::D

CobraX

Forum GOD!
My 2 favourite soap brands are Barrister and Mann and Ariana & Evans. I don't use any European soaps anymore nowadays. Regarding Barrister and Mann I'm mainly a fan of their Excelsior base (the Reserve base is great too performance-wise, but a bit tricky to work with so I'm not the biggest fan of that one). Regarding Ariana & Evans I like their current soap base (the current one contains strangisto giaourti a.k.a. strained yogurt, camellia oil from Japan and argan oil).

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Hi Rob, I send you a PM on something that you and others Will like!
Will let everyone else know If it comes to fruition :)

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
And here’s a vote for the Glide base.

Samples are a poor means for gauging performance IMO, but happy to send you some of this and GD.
Thanks for the offer my friend. I'm ok thank you. I'll look out for some if they pop up on BST. I'll try and get a tub of GD on the next drop.

Tommo

Forum GOD!
Ariana & Evan's, I was underwhelmed with their early stuff but current soaps are great for both performance and scent. Grecian horse is brilliant.

Also have a look at Los Jabones de
Joserra.

D

Deleted member 1881

I THINK that most artisans offer great products, BUT the performance is almost identical. So, having 10 different artisan soaps is not worth it.

Try the Haslinger Schafmilch, you will be surprised how good performer it is.

Meissner Tremonia hard pucks are really good, but quite expensive. Great ingredients list too.

Another good option, is the Goodfellas Smile soaps. All of them are crops, very slick and very cheap.

If you insist of trying another artisan soap, I would strongly suggest Talbot Soaps. Only available from WCS, the shipping is killing me, but the soap itself is really something to write home about.

As for other cheap options, I would suggest La Toja Cream, Lea Mentolada cream, Ach Brito Lavanda cream.