And The Gods Made Love

phoenixandbeau

Forum GOD!
Thinking more on @Nishy asking for a pineapple inspired scent, and also because this is how far we have to plan ahead, I thought I'd let you know that we've decided to incorporate pineapple in to our Valentine's 2021 soap.

Hopefully by then it'll be in our Sovereign format, but either way, it'll be called 'And The Gods Made Love' and takes its name from the 1968 album 'Electric Ladyland' by Jimi Hendrix.

Scent profile will be underpinned by three notes, namely: pineapple, coconut and green tea.

Thoughts and views, folks?

Best regards,

Kerry.
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
I'm not a fan of food scented shaving soaps, but if it's not too sweet it would interest me (plus I would love to finally try the Sovereign)
 
Last edited:

phoenixandbeau

Forum GOD!
I'm similar, however, today I had a sniff of some Twining's cold brew teabags that had the same profile. Very intriguing and rather refreshing to the nose. The green tea gave it a nice herbaceous layer and balanced out the coconut and pineapple. Consider me inspired! :)
 

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Personally, I think of smells in real terms - consequently pineapple is short lasting before it turns acrid. Most fresh fruits are exactly the same so we dont expect to find them in fragrances - apart from the lightest of top notes— there and then forgotten.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Sounds interesting Kerry. Mystic Waters have a gorgeous green tea (from memory) 'flavoured' soap. Not too sweet is also key for myself. A natural coconut scent (similar to Trumpers coconut cream) would be lovely and mix well with the pineapple. Keen to hear how this progresses :)
 

phoenixandbeau

Forum GOD!
I'm not a fan of food scented shaving soaps, but if it's not too sweet it would interest me (plus I would love to finally try the Sovereign)
Agreed :thumbsup:
Personally, I think of smells in real terms - consequently pineapple is short lasting before it turns acrid. Most fresh fruits are exactly the same so we dont expect to find them in fragrances - apart from the lightest of top notes— there and then forgotten.
And agreed here also -"there and then forgotten", I like that.
 
Top