Alternative to photobucket

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
I concur with Chris Hale. https://postimages.org is very good but I am finding it much easier to navigate around.
Very similar to photobucket but no ads and better in every way.
To date I have signed up to at least 6 different image sites, imgur I find confusing. Probably my dyslexia but I am struggling with it.

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
How do you post a picture directly via imgur as opposed to a link?
Okay, gents.. I've muddles along with this also. Here's what I do, and I'm not saying this is the "correct" way to do it, but it works for me.

After I upload my image, usually to a folder, I go back up to my username, top right, click on "images," then click on the images, and the codes should be listed on the right side of the photo. Click on "direct," it automatically copies the code, and then paste it into the dialog box that appears with the photo icon in the post..

Don't propose that it's the right way to do it, but after struggling along for a while, it has become my method.

Wayne

Forum Sod
I'm using Flickr for my posting now. I'm finding it really easy to put the pic onto my laptop which takes seconds. I then upload it onto Flickr, navigate to it, click on the share button (the arrow) and it produces the link. You can use the drop down to resize the picture then copy and paste the link into the forum post. It is as easy as Photobucket and due to resizing a little better. Flickr give 1tb of free storage too.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I don't trust any third party hosting services anymore.
I'm hosting my images on my own web site now (which I own anyway).
The web site is hosted in some 'Google cloud storage', which is not free of charge though. Last month it cost me the princely sum of 3p (that's three British pence).
If Google goes out of business or they start charging a fortune or if I don't like them anymore, I'll move my web site to another company and the links to all my images will still work.
I admit that this is the full-on-geeky solution...

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
I don't trust any third party hosting services anymore.
I'm hosting my images on my own web site now (which I own anyway).
The web site is hosted in some 'Google cloud storage', which is not free of charge though. Last month it cost me the princely sum of 3p (that's three British pence).
If Google goes out of business or they start charging a fortune or if I don't like them anymore, I'll move my web site to another company and the links to all my images will still work.
I admit that this is the full-on-geeky solution...
I like this approach. I do have a SAN setup at home that I could easily repurpose for that sort of use, hmm.....

Dj-Steved

Brush Addict
I am using Imgur and have found it pretty straight forward but like all new apps it does take a bit of getting used to.

Now what I need is a tool to move all of my images form photo bucket to Imgur keeping the old hosted links alive.
I doubt is there is such a tool though.