AdBlock

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
Firefox and UBlock Origin is the combo I've been using on Mac desktop and Android phone for the last year or so. No issues at all for me including Youtube.
Firefox and Ublock running with Windows 10 been using it for a few years great setup no complaints.

sev-8

Forum GOD!
Firefox and Ublock running with Windows 10 been using it for a few years great setup no complaints.
I tried uBlock once ages ago and it didn't "break" as many pages as NoScript did by default, so I wasn't sure that it was doing anything. May have to give it another go as so many others are using it.

My default set of Firefox extensions are Adblock Plus, NoScript, Ghostery, Privacy Badger and HTTPS Everywhere. Non-security/content blocking extensions are Tabby Cat (because it's cute), Panorama Tab Groups and Duplicate Tab Closer (I'm a serial tab hoarder)

Chief Brody

Forum GOD!
Used Ublock Origin with Privacy Badger & Duck Duck Go Privacy Essentials for quite some time. No issues at all. Also need to keep an eye on the trackers as well as the ads.

Currently using the new Microsoft Edge with these extensions, and all is good.

Randomangle

Über Bum
I want to know which adblockers for Mac allow me to watch YouTube without messages coming up "An error occurred. Please try again later". In my case this is directly the result of using Adblock. When I disable it, videos load again. Nothing online seems to tell you that this is what's happening, but it seems clear to me.
This has happened to me when using it on iPad but not yet on Mac.

Steve

Boomer Member
I was unaware there were any 3rd party ad blockers for YouTube. I've been paying £13 a month for donkey years for their 'Premium' subscription which blocks ads. I guess there's one born every minute. :(

Randomangle

Über Bum
I just noticed in the extensions page for Safari the Control Panel for AdBlock and AdBlock Plus are permitted to read 'sensitive information such as passwords, phone numbers and credit card numbers on all web pages'.

What's that all about? Sounds a bit iffy to me. :confused: