Acquisitions August 2017

Electrif

SE la vie
Received the grooming kit won a couple of days ago. Have sorted out the keepables:

The US Ever Ready and case are shiney². The glass cologne bottle has a screw in splasher. The Burgundy cologne is about ⅔ full and smells really good. The travel brush boar knot is shedding, so will look for a synthetic re-knot and the brush tube has a plastic insert.
Not too bad result for £8.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Congrats David!
Can't wait to hear your opinion about modern M&F brushes :)
Dmitri, Lee is currently using a great batch of hair for Finest. Can't speak yet for my 2xl which has whiter tips, but the 3xl has zero scritch and a pleasant scrub. I'm being finicky here, but I do prefer the greater backbone of the latest Chubby Manchurian hair. For the price difference, though, the 3xl is still a superb brush and excellent value, relatively speaking.

Electrif

SE la vie
Enabled by a member over at TSR, I got this Chinese Cologne soap yesterday. Just over 2 weeks from order.

With careful use of the microwave I melted it in this container.

A test hand lather produced an easy slick lather with a subtle scent. Looking forward to the real test soon.
Not bad for £2.27 + 49p postage. Although noticed that the postage cost has increased to £1.39
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-colo...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648