Acqua di Parma Colonia....

Discussion in 'Fragrance, Cologne and Scents' started by Blackmass, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Blackmass

Blackmass Forum GOD!

Hi all,
    I’m a big fan of ADP but I find the majority of their line have poor longevity and projector on me.

I’m looking for something very close to ADP Colonia but has a lot better performance.
    BTW. I do have ADP Assoluta, which does perform better but still not great.

Your suggests will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Rob

JAGS009 likes this.
  2. dowsing

dowsing Legendary Member

Perfume Parlour do a Colonia Intense that's decent and lasts quite a while.

Blackmass likes this.
  3. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

I had the same issues with ADP and for the price I would have expected better. But as always skin chemistry etc etc anyway, Perfume Parlour a hundredth of the price, smells very very very similar and the oils (not tried the spray) last at least 5 hours on my person. Win win.

2hot 2trot and Blackmass like this.
  4. Blackmass

Blackmass Forum GOD!

Thanks to you both. I'll check it out. :thumbsup:

5. JAGS009

JAGS009 Forum GOD!

I have adp colonia Intessa which performs well on me....but it's not an all out citrus frag. It's more wearable and has saffron n leather apart from citrus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackmass likes this.
  6. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

No probs, one thing to keep in mind, unlike the original the oil will express notes over time, so you may detect certain notes after an hour or so, as opposed to within a few minutes.

Blackmass likes this.
  7. Blackmass

Blackmass Forum GOD!

I had a sample of Intessa which was nice but again didn't last on me.

JAGS009 likes this.
  8. JAGS009

JAGS009 Forum GOD!

Longevity depends on skin chemistry too but there are a few tricks which people do these days. Apply a non fragrant Moisturizer before applying scent. Layer your scent on top of it. Secondly, you can buy an ISO 3 molecule for cementing the scent. Thirdly, spray on your clothes rather on your body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Blackmass

Blackmass Forum GOD!

10. Blackmass

Blackmass Forum GOD!

Thanks for the tips.:thumbsup:

11. Just checked with perfume parlour.
    Postage to Northern Ireland for 2 bottles of 30ml spray for standard delivery is £16.50
    I’ve recently had a package from GB mainland to NI RM special delivery for £8.00
    Do you reckon they’ve got the delivery cost wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  12. flashashton27

flashashton27 Forum GOD!

Someone on a FB group, posted that they tested John Varvatos Artisan Pure today, & he was impressed by the scent & it’s performance. Not tried it myself (not even sure where it’s sold), but might be worth trying Rob.

Blackmass likes this.
  13. Blackmass

Blackmass Forum GOD!

Thanks Ross. I'll have a Google.:D

flashashton27 likes this.
  14. rum

rum Veteran

AdP reformulated a lot of their scents in the last few years - for example, I use to get moderate to good longevity from the original Colonia but this is now a shadow of its former self.

I do like Essenza di Colonia though. Still not as long lasting as it was but it's a really nice, mossy modern take on the Colonia theme. Totally recommended.

Blackmass likes this.
  15. Blackmass

Blackmass Forum GOD!

Cheers Alex. Good to hear from you. I do have a sample of Essenza somewhere. I’ll give it any go and see what I think.

The original Colonia has been working pretty well for me over the last few weeks, no doubt due to the very hot weather. I’ve also been very heavy on the trigger too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice