Review Acqua Di Gio Profumo. (2015)

Just a quick review folks..I am no expert but I thought I would, as promised post my thoughts.
So I received this scent last week.
Having heard great things I was looking forward to it.
Firstly, I have to say it's a nice scent. It has some of the DNA of the original but with an added "spiciness" possibly from the Patchouli and incense notes. Smells classy.

The notes are as follows:

Top: Begamot, Sea notes
Middle: Geranium, Rosemary, Sage
Base: Patchouli, Incense

Now for the bad news...
The longevity, sillage and performance of this scent for an EDP formulation..is very poor.
I am not sure if it has been reformulated for 2018 but having worn it regularly for about a week I am disappointed..it becomes a skin scent after an hour or so. Perhaps older versions may be better performing, but this current version is poor, which is a shame as it's a nice twist on the original.

So overall, I would say save your money as there are better options out there. @Wayne

Cheers!

Wayne

Forum Sod
Just a quick review folks..I am no expert but I thought I would, as promised post my thoughts.
So I received this scent last week.
Having heard great things I was looking forward to it.
Firstly, I have to say it's a nice scent. It has some of the DNA of the original but with an added "spiciness" possibly from the Patchouli and incense notes. Smells classy.

The notes are as follows:

Top: Begamot, Sea notes
Middle: Geranium, Rosemary, Sage
Base: Patchouli, Incense

Now for the bad news...
The longevity, sillage and performance of this scent for an EDP formulation..is very poor.
I am not sure if it has been reformulated for 2018 but having worn it regularly for about a week I am disappointed..it becomes a skin scent after an hour or so. Perhaps older versions may be better performing, but this current version is poor, which is a shame as it's a nice twist on the original.

So overall, I would say save your money as there are better options out there. @Wayne

Cheers!
Shocked me this TBH. This frag is universally lauded in 9/10 Youtube reviewers top 10 frags. I can only presume they are;
A. Being paid for their favourable reviews or
B. Being swept away by their peers and don't want to seem to be not one of the herd by saying what they really think.
I sprayed some on a tester strip on holiday recently and was mightily impressed with it, card and skin are two different things though.
Seriously if you fancy moving it on give me a shout and we'll discuss it.
Wayne.

Shocked me this TBH. This frag is universally lauded in 9/10 Youtube reviewers top 10 frags. I can only presume they are;
A. Being paid for their favourable reviews or
B. Being swept away by their peers and don't want to seem to be not one of the herd by saying what they really think.
I sprayed some on a tester strip on holiday recently and was mightily impressed with it, card and skin are two different things though.
Seriously if you fancy moving it on give me a shout and we'll discuss it.
Wayne.
No worries Wayne! It's a weird one as like you based on reviews I figured it would be wonderful. I tested it..on paper strip seemed great, but sadly performance when finally using it on skin was poor.
At first I thought it might be my skin chemistry but my girlfriend (who can smell a new shaving purchase a mile away) asked me if I had worn it yet..when I told her I was wearing it she said wow can't really smell it.
There are a few other things to consider though..it could be the newer batches are weaker..if you look at recent written reviews there are a few people questioning it's longevity and performance.
Finally, Armani released another version Acqua Di Gio Profumo "Special Blend" in 2017 which many are saying is the same scent but stronger..just wonder if they tried to boost sales by of this release by making a weaker batch and therefore distinguishing the two? God knows! All speculation on my part.

Probably right. Have you tried Armani Code profumo? Now that one is spot on with great performance.
Just to say Wayne..if you like Acqua Di Gio and want to save yourself a fortune I can recommend you Perry Ellis 360 Red. Great for the summer and close to ADG but better IMHO.

rum

Forum GOD!
Bit late to the party here, but I thought I'll chime in for what it's worth.

Profumo is a monster of a scent - I easily get 12 hrs out of it. Apply first thing and can pick up traces of it during my evening shower.

The key to this one is not to overspray it. As with anything of a parfum or Eau de Parfum strength, keep it to 2-4 sprays MAX. Any more and you will become anosmic to it. Also, learn to spray away from the nose area which will result in your brain "blocking out" the scent. I suggest you spray wrists and/or back of head. Rinse and repeat.

If you do try these steps out, I'd really appreciate your feedback on how you get on with it.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Bit late to the party here, but I thought I'll chime in for what it's worth.

Profumo is a monster of a scent - I easily get 12 hrs out of it. Apply first thing and can pick up traces of it during my evening shower.

The key to this one is not to overspray it. As with anything of a parfum or Eau de Parfum strength, keep it to 2-4 sprays MAX. Any more and you will become anosmic to it. Also, learn to spray away from the nose area which will result in your brain "blocking out" the scent. I suggest you spray wrists and/or back of head. Rinse and repeat.

If you do try these steps out, I'd really appreciate your feedback on how you get on with it.
Thanks for the tip

Reactions: rum

Dr Watson

James
I do like the AdG scent but find the original too short lived and the Profumo out of my price range currently... Anyone tried a clone? The two main one's I've seen are Armaf Blue Homme & Perry Ellis 360... Both available for under £20/100ml.