A.T.G. / Personalised Bowls & Lidded Soap Dishes

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Some of the bowls have been collected and packed. Unfortunately most of the Honey ones will not be ready until next Monday as they require the second firing. So they will all be in the post next Tuesday.

Apologies they have taken so long, it's purely the numbers and him being busy with loads of other orders.

Dogsmro

Forum GOD!
Some of the bowls have been collected and packed. Unfortunately most of the Honey ones will not be ready until next Monday as they require the second firing. So they will all be in the post next Tuesday.

Apologies they have taken so long, it's purely the numbers and him being busy with loads of other orders.
Sean, please, no apologies, it is what it is. IF there are some honey bowls ready for shipping put me at the bottom of the list and send to anybody who would like as an xmas present, I am more than happy to wait. Thanks mate :)

Darkbulb

Member #10
Sean, please, no apologies, it is what it is. IF there are some honey bowls ready for shipping put me at the bottom of the list and send to anybody who would like as an xmas present, I am more than happy to wait. Thanks mate :)
Mine says "Darkbulb" on it - not quite sure anyone but me would like that one :D

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
IMG_2187.JPG
A phone call form the potter this afternoon, the bowls are ready.

So a three mile walk there and back, damn the buses !!!

The potter revealed they have had a terrible time with this order, partly due to the numbers. But the biggest problem the clay. For 59 years he's used the same clay from a local clay pit, but they have closed due to selling on the land to developers. With this he has had to source clay from a London supplier. Now obviously over 59 years he's been use to that clay and the way it acts. Clay shrinks in the kiln and other factors. So he's had to do most of the order twice, which is why it's taken longer too.

So I'm boxing up tonight for dispatch Monday. So fingers crossed all the UK ones will get their for Christmas.

Darkbulb

Member #10
View attachment 5908 A phone call form the potter this afternoon, the bowls are ready.

So a three mile walk there and back, damn the buses !!!

The potter revealed they have had a terrible time with this order, partly due to the numbers. But the biggest problem the clay. For 59 years he's used the same clay from a local clay pit, but they have closed due to selling on the land to developers. With this he has had to source clay from a London supplier. Now obviously over 59 years he's been use to that clay and the way it acts. Clay shrinks in the kiln and other factors. So he's had to do most of the order twice, which is why it's taken longer too.

So I'm boxing up tonight for dispatch Monday. So fingers crossed all the UK ones will get their for Christmas.
Wow, that one with 'Darkbulb' on it looks awesome. Kind of in a class of its own.
The others are ok I guess.

Last edited:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Right !

Bowls WILL be posted today. Out Post Office is a crown one so we are having to go else where. Now what happens from there who knows ?

I am sorry guys but with these closures and the threat of the posties striking I don't think they will get to you before Christmas. It certainly hasn't been down to me. Heck I walked 3 1/2 miles Saturday and that's up a 230ft high hill. They were boxed that day too.

Certain things I suppose aren't my fault, but it doesn't stop me feeling bad.

Don't get me started on Royal Mail and Post Office Counters !

Darkbulb

Member #10
Right !

Bowls WILL be posted today. Out Post Office is a crown one so we are having to go else where. Now what happens from there who knows ?

I am sorry guys but with these closures and the threat of the posties striking I don't think they will get to you before Christmas. It certainly hasn't been down to me. Heck I walked 3 1/2 miles Saturday and that's up a 230ft high hill. They were boxed that day too.

Certain things I suppose aren't my fault, but it doesn't stop me feeling bad.

Don't get me started on Royal Mail and Post Office Counters !
As mentioned on TSR - Sean, you have NO reason to feel bad my friend (well, assuming that DNA test comes out ok as far as my bowl is concerned..) - you are doing us all a HUGE favour and it the bowl(s) arrive post-Christmas....big deal - we'll have a late Christmas gift.

Thanks for all your incredible work in organizing this multiple times. It's an incredible service not only to us but also to the local potter (potterer? that doesn't sound right) - that I'm really happy to support. Good on ya and go and have a scotch or two at the completion of a job bloody well done.

Dogsmro

Forum GOD!
As mentioned on TSR - Sean, you have NO reason to feel bad my friend (well, assuming that DNA test comes out ok as far as my bowl is concerned..) - you are doing us all a HUGE favour and it the bowl(s) arrive post-Christmas....big deal - we'll have a late Christmas gift.

Thanks for all your incredible work in organizing this multiple times. It's an incredible service not only to us but also to the local potter (potterer? that doesn't sound right) - that I'm really happy to support. Good on ya and go and have a scotch or two at the completion of a job bloody well done.
Well I'm blaming Sean for the postal and rail strikes and the fog that is causing air travel disruptions :)
Big thanks for all your time and efforts Sean.