A new growth industry -- Storage Units

Rusty Blade

Forum GOD!
I just read a couple of news stories on the new booming industry -- storage units. We are just collecting and keeping so much stuff now. Lots of different reasons why people use storage units. We recently made the decision to empty our storage unit and discovered that the boxes that we stored there were full of junk. Most of which we forgot we owned. So after about six trips to the thrift store and a few trips to the dump we boiled everything down to a couple of boxes that were worth keeping...mostly family photos or heirloom items. How do we collect so much stuff? I guess storage units are the logical outcome of consumerism.

vita

Mach 5 Turbo Fusion
There's too much stuff in the world, or at least it's not distributed very evenly across it.

mbarno

Forum GOD!
When I moved from a decent size house to a much smaller one, I realised how much crap I had. I’ve used storage in the past, and it was reasonably priced. When I looked at the cost of storage this year, it’s too expensive, unless the items were sentimentally valuable or would increase in value.
I have a friend who is paying £180 month in Leeds to store a sofa, dining table, and basic house crap. Within about a year, she could have bought a new sofa and be most the way to the cost of a dining table, all just from the storage costs she’s paying. But people love to hold on to stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro