A bit early but what's been your best buys of 2020?

isaiah53

Forum GOD!
Is it a fan shaped knot? I find fan shaped synth knots seem to go under the radar, but they seem to be my favourite for building a lather and applying additional passes.

I have a Yaqi brush with a Fan Tuxedo knot, with the following dimensions. It's the densest synth brush I own as well.
Knot Size - 28mm
Loft Height - 56mm
Glue Bump - 3.6mm

I find with the low glue bump, and the fan shaped knot, it's a delight to paint lather on, and it has excellent flow through. The one downside is that it's just too big for my liking! It's a brush that seems to produce enough lather to shave my face, my back, my shoulders with one loading of soap. I'll probably replace with a either a 2BED or SynBad 24mm fan knot from ApShave at some point.
Mine is fanned, not massively though.

sev-8

Forum GOD!
I've been good and haven't bought too much, but on the 3rd of January I bought some Goodfella's Smile Abysso soap & splash, plus RazoRock xXx splash. I think any of those could be my best buy this year

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
It had been close to 12 months before buying anything, even then I was re-buying the Carbon CX 316 I sold back in May.

Best thing Iā€™ve bought this year is the AP Shave Co SynBad. I havenā€™t used another brush since it arrived. Iā€™ve tried a few synthetic brushes in the past but I didnā€™t like any of them, they were either too springy or no backbone. Iā€™ve recently ordered a Cashmere and Silksmoke so time will tell if they get added to this list.
View attachment 79063

Also really liked the Los Jabones de Josera soaps.

View attachment 79062
I totally agree with ya. AP Shave have excellent brushes and Los Jabones De Joserra soaps are spectacular. I was hesitant to buy KUSH, but man I love it. I treat it as a single note scent and mix it with other soaps to add another dimension.
And as a dad I gatta say
Itā€™s dope

gwsmallwood

Legendary Member
I had a few good ones.
  • Just picked up some Feathers from Italian Barber on sale for early Black Friday. By far the best price I've seen on them in over a year.
  • Picked up a Cu Ascension. That's a heck of a value for $100.
  • Got a Rex Ambassador at 15% off this summer.
  • Razorock 400 Noir is now one of my favorite brushes.