3D printed Shaving Bowl

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
I received this absolutely stunning 3D printed shaving bowl today from Northam Saint,

A 3D printed Shaving bowl !

As Tom Ford (no relation by the way) would say " It's only Fe***ng gorgeous" And it is in Leinster blue too! But I don't think Northam St realised that when he chose the colour :happy:

This is the future, now!

Admit it, your all bloody jealous :p::laugh:.

Northam Saint, Thanks for putting me in a happier place :notworthy::thumbsup:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I’ve already PM’d ManicDee to say I’m chuffed to bits he’s so pleased with it.

As I’ve explained to him I have lost many to cancer, family and friends. Many I miss every week if not every day. So to put a smile on the face of someone who’s been going through uncertain times, and through some aggressive treatment, well it’s the least I can do.

A few years back on TSR I was going through one of life’s blips, not health wise but a long saga involving my brother and him being cruel to our mum. Someone caught on that I liked Parker 25 Ballpens and having lost mine he sent me one. It cheered me up no end. Every time I look at it or use it it reminds me of the kindness of others. That pen never leaves the house and I always know where it is. I did managed to repay him when things were down for him, and again when he recently returned to TSR.

They aren’t the only two, hopefully they will be the last as I wish everyone health and happiness and no dark uncertain times.

Last edited:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
By end of today I will have two of each of the ones pictured. Tomorrow I’m going to print off a couple in black. From there I will offer them up for people to buy. I think my early calculations on cost may have been a little light, so I’ll double check but these would more than likely be around £8.00 posted but a little more on top to cover PayPal fees, that would be U.K. only. If more are requested then I will carry on making them. I can just about print two a day on the basis of 8hrs being the print time. They do print up well but there is one thing I should highlight, they do have a seam, this is where the layers meet and go up as the layers build.

B91636A5-3167-4311-838A-9C510A29EC45.jpeg

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
I was talking to my Dad this morning about your shaving bowl and he is an avid woodturner. I think his head imploded trying to understand :laugh: but he ws still amazed with it :thumbsup:. Especially when I added a small amount of soap to it and started to lather. The design inside the bowl is mesmerising when the swirls begin. I really like your two new bowls, Northam St

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I was talking to my Dad this morning about your shaving bowl and he is an avid woodturner. I think his head imploded trying to understand :laugh: but he ws still amazed with it :thumbsup:. Especially when I added a small amount of soap to it and started to lather. The design inside the bowl is mesmerising when the swirls begin. I really like your two new bowls, Northam St
I suppose for a wood turner it would be a bit amazing. A printer cuts it into individual layers, that’s all across the print. It has to plan different bits of the same print so it can print on one level as it moves up.

I’ve had to stop printing I ran out of the masking tape sheets, reverting to plain old masking tape, and it being cheap stuff it didn’t stick to the print bed meaning it slipped, three times !!!! So I have had to order more on Amazon, thankfully we have prime so tomorrow off I go again.

Bbbbob71

Forum GOD!
I would definitely be interested in buying one (in copper) if you decide to sell any @Northam Saint .
I work at sea and the last two weeks have seen pretty bad weather for this time of year.
Last thing I need is my ceramic scuttle smashing to bits!
I've actually been Googling plastic scuttles and the only one I've seen is the PAA Crown King Travel Scuttle.
Looks good, but seems unobtainium, sold out everywhere.