3D printed Shaving Bowl

Iamdaniel

Hey Northam Saint, another 3d printing enthusiast here.
I'd be willing to have a look at the design for you and take out the brush rest.
I'm pretty handy in tinkercad.

Really intrested in giving one a go though, I've got a RazorRock synth that refuses to lather anything in my current smooth bowl.
But whips up a great lather on hand and face.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Hey Northam Saint, another 3d printing enthusiast here.
I'd be willing to have a look at the design for you and take out the brush rest.
I'm pretty handy in tinkercad.

Really intrested in giving one a go though, I've got a RazorRock synth that refuses to lather anything in my current smooth bowl.
But whips up a great lather on hand and face.
PM on the way.

Iamdaniel

Got it but I'm building up my post count at the minute haha.

Have you printed off any other shave stuff?
I've made a brush travel holder, it's a tube with removable top and bottom.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Got it but I'm building up my post count at the minute haha.

Have you printed off any other shave stuff?
I've made a brush travel holder, it's a tube with removable top and bottom.
Yeah that came off pretty good, I did scale it up by 10% on a second attempt though as it was a bit tight. Also done a straight bowl that’s on that site. A razor and brush stand, oh and a fair few altoid tin inserts, just right for a three part Gillette tech.

Paul L

Forum GOD!
Replies please guys ? Is it worth redesigning ? I personally don’t, but feel it would look more pleasing.
Hi Sean

I tend to use the brush rest to hold the bowl with my thumb while latherIng.
I also find there's a fair bit of 'clunking' while latherIng with 24mm YaqI brushes.
If the bowl was a bit wider the 'clunking' would be reduced.
Otherwise, it's an excellent bowl that makes latherIng creams in particular a breeze

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
6AD50B12-6782-4CB6-AD7A-E91308E6634D.jpeg

D937F5FF-E0E6-409F-AC7A-C25CF20D98ED.jpeg

With credit to Iamdaniel for the redesign here is the ewer version. Had a bit of a week with the printer, with it deciding to give up the ghost. Turned out to be a wire that had come loose on the heat bed. I quick message to a friend and all is fixed. Apparently it’s a common thing on this printer. So an order for a new bed has been placed, I’m keeping a spare and if one goes my mate will solder it again. A slight mod too, I’m going to choc block the wires for an easy exchange of beds.

So back to the print, this one was done in a different filament called PETG. Cura the print software I use has a draft excluder print, basically an extra printed bit around the main print. Draft can mean a print cools to quick and warps everything. Unfortunately as it’s one layer wide it doesn’t always stick well it’s self. In this case it collapsed and caused it to instead stick to the main body of the print. So it’s “hairy” !! I will try it again.